News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Bears

Started by The Skarzs, April 27, 2018, 03:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Because the way my mind works, that annoys me. Oh well.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: The Skarzs on July 04, 2019, 05:48:35 PM
Because the way my mind works, that annoys me. Oh well.
Yeah, I get what you mean. (I kinda wish that BJ had made a creature size sheet for his books.)
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Grey Coincidence

Not gonna lie, sometimes the sizes change around a bit for certain characters. A meek and timid hedgehog is likelier to be smaller than some warrior. And I classified ferrets at about stoat-height until Keldor told me otherwise. So suddenly I envisioned all my characters differently! (Except well... Fret is a runt sooo)
Thanks BJ!
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Jack the Quick

He also probably wanted a variety of different characters, which was probably another reason why he didn't specific sizes. If he said the sizes of everything, it would be ridiculous because some things would be so much bigger than others.
'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

The Grey Coincidence

Yes, and then it can get tedious. Like he'd have to say stuff like 'Mathias was not as tall as most mice but was bigger than a shrew- for every character...

Tergen

I would enjoy reading a fan fiction with a bear but I would imagine the bear being like Argulor from Mossflower.

As far as the animal sizes are concerned, I am too confused as many of the badgers are giants compared to the other animals in the books.  While badgers may be one of the largest Redwall animals, it seems like some animals such as otters would at least be only slightly smaller on average.

Not knowing the animals' sizes specifically may be one reason Redwall is so enjoyable.  I mean, how else can one enjoy the battle between Martin and Tsarmina when in the real world we know that Tsarmina would win quite easily.

The Grey Coincidence

(Has a bear... kiiiindof- if you're interested I can send you the fanfic although it is rather... long...)

In regards to Martin and Tsarmina- supposing the mouse was fast enough... it's important to remember that Tsarmina killed herself anyways XD Too scared of tiny Martin.

Tergen

I would interested in the fan fiction with it being long making it more interesting.

Tsarmina did indeed kill herself although why she had a fear of water(aside from being a cat) is interesting.  The origin of Tsarmina's fear of water is never really explained but in a sense neither is Cluny's fear of Martin.

The Grey Coincidence

It's caaaaalled Black and White. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12679554/1/Black-and-White There's a page on the forum as well.

Hmm... Maybe they heard prophecies that they would die from water and someone called Martin respectively?

Jack the Quick

Quote from: Tergen on July 18, 2019, 02:24:04 AM
I would interested in the fan fiction with it being long making it more interesting.

Tsarmina did indeed kill herself although why she had a fear of water(aside from being a cat) is interesting.  The origin of Tsarmina's fear of water is never really explained but in a sense neither is Cluny's fear of Martin.
He had dreams that terrified him,

Long live the RRR!!

Tergen

While Cluny did have dreams that terrified him, there is no explanation why Martin as a mouse would terrify Cluny given his past.

Could Cluny's previous evil deeds culmulate into a single fear(Martin holding the sword)?  That is the only implication given in Redwall.

Jack the Quick

All of his dead captains were warning him about the mouse and he repeatedly almost died in his dreams. At the beginning he just shook it off but after a while it began to shake him up a bit. It continued until he was completely terrified by that mouse in armor, repeatedly almost killing him.

Long live the RRR!!