News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

[RECIPE] Hotroot Soup

Started by Wylder Treejumper, May 06, 2015, 11:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

From The Redwall Kitchen

Hotroot Soup

-1 net full of watershrimp (shrimp)
-1 pawful (handful or less) of hotroot (mix of hot chile pepper and
crushed pepper)
-3 red potatoes
-1 large tomatoe
-1 cup of noodles
-a dash salt
-1 stick celery
-3/4 cup of corn
-Water

Boil potatoes in water. When almost soft, take off stove and let sit for about 5 min. Add noodles, celery, and shrimp (already cooked). When almost done, cook corn. When corn is done, throw that in too, along with tomatoes. When hot to your liking, throw in! as much hotroot and pepper and salt as y' like. Enjoy! (Please be careful: very spicy and hot!)

This recipe was contributed by Rachel Smucker.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Courli ap Heathe

Why do none of the versions of the Hotroot and shrimp soup have horseradish in it. They all seem to have peppers, hotsauce or curry. Anyone have a variation with horseradish.

The Skarzs

Maybe you have something to try, and tell us how it is! Or how much pain you put yourself through, whichever comes first.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Alyssa

How delicious! I'm having chicken vegetable soup as usual today. It turns out hearty and delicious https://club.cooking / recipe/ chicken-vegetable-soup / Husband is also delighted!
;)

Nadaz, voice of the host

Are you going to put all the redwall kitchen recipes on the forum here? If so I can check some of the older websites for other recipes you might want.
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.