Cowboys v. Dolphins

Started by Trigoma, November 24, 2011, 06:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Cowboys
Dolphins

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on October 11, 2019, 06:34:22 AM
Dolphins. I had no idea what the thread was about. Now though, my vote has changed:

THE ALL BLACKS!!!
With Australia out I'm going for the All-Blacks too now. (Repeat of the Cricket World Cup?)
Received mostly negative reviews.

shisteer of nothing much

I live by a certain principal: NEVER play cricket with an Australian. (Underarm throws and all that)
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on October 26, 2019, 08:12:42 AM
I live by a certain principal: NEVER play cricket with an Australian. (Underarm throws and all that)
Don't forget sandpaper!

Verdauga

Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Verdauga on October 28, 2019, 01:58:07 PM
Hmmm..... should I ask?
I don't know. I'm debating doing that myself.  :P
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

I'm sure they'll tell us. Eventually.

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Sebias of Redwall

"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

Hmmm..... should I ask?
No, you shouldn't.
Basically, New Zealand was about to win but then the Australian coach told the dude who was throwing the ball to cheat and so Australia won instead but, effectively, New Zealand won because now they can always hold it over the Australians. The End.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

*Nods pseudo-saliently.*
What about the sandpaper, then....?

shisteer of nothing much

Sand paper has nothing to do with it. (or very little, anyway)

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Verdauga on October 30, 2019, 01:30:45 PM
*Nods pseudo-saliently.*
That was Australia v South Africa in cricket a couple of years ago. A couple of the Australians tried using sandpaper on the ball to make it move differently in the air, which is cheating. A lot of players got suspended over it and, as a big cricket fan, it really is a point of national shame.
Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on October 30, 2019, 11:21:37 AM
Hmmm..... should I ask?
No, you shouldn't.
Basically, New Zealand was about to win but then the Australian coach told the dude who was throwing the ball to cheat and so Australia won instead but, effectively, New Zealand won because now they can always hold it over the Australians. The End.
TECHNICALLY that wasn't cheating because under-arming was legal, just kinda against the spirit of the game back then. ;) (Not defending it of course, just some friendly international banter.)

Verdauga

shisteer of nothing much

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on October 31, 2019, 01:05:29 PM
Hmmm..... should I ask?
No, you shouldn't.
TECHNICALLY that wasn't cheating because under-arming was legal, just kinda against the spirit of the game back then. ;) (Not defending it of course, just some friendly international banter.)
There are some unwritten rules. That is one of them. (Besides, it doesn't have to be technical for us to hold it over you guys)

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Jarky Thistlebrush

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on October 31, 2019, 01:05:29 PM
Quote from: Verdauga on October 30, 2019, 01:30:45 PM
*Nods pseudo-saliently.*
That was Australia v South Africa in cricket a couple of years ago. A couple of the Australians tried using sandpaper on the ball to make it move differently in the air, which is cheating. A lot of players got suspended over it and, as a big cricket fan, it really is a point of national shame.
Hmmm..... should I ask?
No, you shouldn't.
I was kinda disgusted at both of those incidents.
The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

shisteer of nothing much

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!