If you could tell/ask Brian Jacques anything, what would you tell/ask him?

Started by ILoveMTW, June 11, 2012, 10:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: WoodlandWarrior on June 13, 2013, 02:30:14 AM
I think I would give him quite a heartfelt thanks.  I mean, sure there are plenty of things I'd love to ask and say, but a true thank you is what I would give him.  Think about the impact his series have on people...the good message they spread, the cheer and good tidings felt when reading them, and the most important thing about his books....the way they've helped people.

I've read so many testimonials saying how Redwall got a kid through a rough time in school or at home...

So yes, a big, big, thank you! :)

Aye,
THANK YE BRIAN JACQUES!!!!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Ungatt Trunn

I would ask him were he got the great idea for the Redwall series!

Life is too short to rush through it.

Rusvul

Quote from: PluggFiretail on June 12, 2013, 02:37:06 PM
Well, BJ said that he didn't have raccoons and beavers in his books because they weren't native to England.
What kind of beavers do you mean?

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ungatt Trunn

I'd also ask him how he became one of the greatest writters ever!

Life is too short to rush through it.

i am that is (Matthias)

i would ask him, "if you could add, get rid of, or change any scenes, which would you change"

Gonff the Mousethief

I sadly never DID have a chance to meet brian in 2011 I borrowed a book from my neighbor.
I read it in mid 2013. he sadly died 2 days after I got the book. (it was redwall)
I would tell him thank you hug him then just ask him a buzillon questions
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Iamthatis

I would ask him how much joy writing the Redwall books brought to him knowing that people all over the world are reading it each day. Then I would ask him what he thought about the Forum.
RIP BRIAN.
REDWAAAAAAAALL!!!!
IAMTHATIS MY SWORD SHALL WEILD FOR ME
RIP BRIAN JACQUES

Flib Bigboat

I would ask him about the "grey" characters he sneaked in some of the books... although I think I know why he said all the goodies are good, and the baddies are bad.
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Bear

this be an old topic, but i'd first thank him for his writing, and all the inspiration he has given to many people. then i would inquire which of his redwall books was his favorite to write, and which character's storyline was his favorite as well (whether that be a hero or villain's arc).
Stay tuned...