News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Redwall: The Adventure Game

Started by blademouse, June 30, 2012, 05:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blademouse

Found this today and wonder if anyone thinks it's really official.
http://redwallgame.com/

"The Officially Licensed Adventure Game
(featuring an ALL NEW story)"

Redwallfan7

I'm going to email this to my brother. It's really cool! Are you planning on doing the whole abbey?
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

AbbotPlumble

I'd do a little more looking into it before giving them your email.  From what I remember, I thought in the past when Brian Jacques was asked about video games and making Redwall into one, he spoke against it?

Or am I mistaken?

Redwallfan7

But it's my brother that I'm going to email, if you're worried that I'm not going to know him, I am related  :P or is that not what you're implying?
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

psybox

he's saying that the site might not be trustworthy, not that giving your email to your brother isn't a good idea.

AbbotPlumble

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on June 30, 2012, 09:19:41 PM
But it's my brother that I'm going to email, if you're worried that I'm not going to know him, I am related  :P or is that not what you're implying?

Haha, no not your brother. :)  I'm sure he's trustworthy!

Like psybox said, the site may be untrustworthy.  It just looked a little odd to me, because I saw no company or anything about who is making it etc.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

The FB page says it is developed by the Miller Brothers and in participation with other parties.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

AbbotPlumble

Ah ok.  I generally don't click to FB.  I did a search for Miller brothers and only came up with some (apparently now defunct) Redwall movie they were thinking of doing.  I'd be curious to see how this all pans out...think anything will come of it?

Redwallfan7

Quote from: AbbotPlumble on June 30, 2012, 10:10:39 PM
Quote from: Redwallfan7 on June 30, 2012, 09:19:41 PM

Haha, no not your brother. :)  I'm sure he's trustworthy!

Like psybox said, the site may be untrustworthy.  It just looked a little odd to me, because I saw no company or anything about who is making it etc.
Oh, ok. Thanks for clarifying

AbbotPlumble

Not a problem.  I'd really be curious if a game does get developed.  I know Brian Jacques' stance on video games and I tend to agree, but today, video games have come a long way.  There are many games that are very creative, educational, and quite involved as opposed to being just overly violent or time wasters.

Capn Greypatch

Hmmm, intriguing...
I would love to play a Redwall-based game! Looking at their facebook page, it seems trustworthy enough...they have some cool visuals posted too.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing". - George Bernard Shaw

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: AbbotPlumble on June 30, 2012, 10:52:16 PMThere are many games that are very creative, educational, and quite involved as opposed to being just overly violent or time wasters.
Nothing is as educational as banging a lemonade jug on the floor. ;D
No, seriously, I think that we don't really need video games to 'educate' us. The main thing is that they're fun. Still, this whole thing isn't a problem for me because I don't play video games.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

DanielofRedwall

LordTBT has put up a story on this on the Redwall Wiki. Seems promising enough for me. View it here. Let's hope it isn't another hoax! Fingers crossed!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Lily

That's where I saw the news first, too. Everyone should check out the concept art on the wiki page, it's beautiful.

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Lily on July 03, 2012, 05:45:59 AM
That's where I saw the news first, too. Everyone should check out the concept art on the wiki page, it's beautiful.

That's gorgeous!