Favourite Book

Started by Banya, December 10, 2015, 05:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banya

Which book (or books) is your favourite?  What made it stand out to you?

Mine is Legend of Luke, closely followed by Pearls of Lutra and Taggerung.  I love Legend of Luke for the humourous, painful, and memorable events that transpired on the Goreleech.  It was one of the books I'd stay up late with a flashlight under the covers to read, and even though Beau and Vurg's nighttime antics scared me as a child, I found them hilarious at the same time.

Yours?

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Kitsune

Mossflower, Triss, and Taggerung.

Russa Nodrey

Taggerung, Legend of Luke, Marlfox.
Freddy

Leatho Shellhound

Funny enough my favorite has always been Doomwyte, and if I wasn't so enamored with the otter outlaw, my user name would have been  Laird Bosie McScutta of Bowlaynee, or Bisky.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Cornflower MM

Rakkety Tam and Mossflower.

Mossflower I read first, and so it will always have a special place in my heart. The characters are all wonderful, the story is amazing, and it's really the book that the others hinge off of. Backstory-wise.

Rakkety Tam. . . . . Squirrels. Obviously it's awesome just for that. But there's romance (Which is a bit of a rarity in the Redwall books) and the main villain is killed mostly by accident.

SPOILER AHEAD!!!
If Martin hadn't told Tam to sharpen his shield, then Tam never would have won. But he does, through impossible odds. That's magical.

Delthion

The only thing that takes some away from Rakkety Tam in my opinion is that Tam didn't actually kill Gulo, it seems like most of the deaths of main bad guys are accidental. Which is one of the very few things that I dislike about Redwall in general.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Skyblade

Mattimeo. I like the adventure through the Mossflower woods and everything on the plateau all the way to the underground Kingdom of Malkariss. The three distinct POVs kept it very interesting. There were a lot of drama and unexpected deaths, giving the novel emotional impact. If I'm not mistaken, it's one of the few Redwall books with a well-developed main villain. (At least, in terms of backstory)

I haven't read them all, so maybe opinion will change. But so far this one has satisfied me the most.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Mhera

Taggerung, followed by Doomwyte.

Eulaliaaa!

Probably Redwall, the first book. It's what I started with and I still find it inspiring. The characters are amazing, the plot is beautiful, and the dialogue is really good.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Tam and Martin

That is really hard, but probably High Rhulain, Eulalia, Lord Brocktree, Rakkety Tam, and Outcast of Rdwl.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Groddil

I'm only up to Taggerung at the moment (chronologically) but my favorite is Lord Brocktree. (As you may have guessed) It was my very first Redwall book, sooo...

The Skarzs

Personally I like Mossflower the best.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Captain Tammo

I think my favorite would have to be The Long Patrol, followed by High Rhulain and The Legend of Luke. All great stories and the first ones I read!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior