Top Characters You'd Like to Smack

Started by Flandor, June 09, 2012, 10:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

She didn't laugh as much as the text implied.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwallfan7

Hon Rosie and Scarum annoyed me, they qualify for a slapping in my book.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tiria Wildlough

Yes, Scarum deserved to be slapped about. :D
I'm not a hipster.

Orisse

1. Cynthia Bankvole. She frustrated me fromt he start; but after she got captured I warmed upt o her. Then in the next book she went back to frustrating...

2. King Bull Sparra. Beautifully thought-out character, of course, but his personality iffed me (but then, didn't it us all?  :D)

3. Fenno. A cowardly murderer, that's all I need to say.

4. High Queen Silth. Her greed and cowardice, hiding behind her "beautiful" items and calling on her guards to chase away a trick "ghost", I think we can all agree she was loathsome.

5. Rusvul. The way he treated Dann... I still haven't gotten past that.
The biggest mistake ever made was neglecting the art of escape; for it is shunned and looked down upon as cowardice, just until the split second when its use is the vital variable between life and painful death.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Orisse on August 05, 2012, 02:44:11 AM
1. Cynthia Bankvole. She frustrated me fromt he start; but after she got captured I warmed upt o her. Then in the next book she went back to frustrating...

2. King Bull Sparra. Beautifully thought-out character, of course, but his personality iffed me (but then, didn't it us all?  :D)

4. High Queen Silth. Her greed and cowardice, hiding behind her "beautiful" items and calling on her guards to chase away a trick "ghost", I think we can all agree she was loathsome.

What's this with everyone wanting to smack Rusvul! He knows it was bad, he learned his lesson! He does not, I repeat, DOES NOT, deserve to be smacked!... Maybe at the start as a " Get your act together!" kind of thing, but you can't judge someone by past mistakes... Are YOU perfect? Using this reasoning you are saying that we should all be smacking each 24/7!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Orisse

Quote from: danflorreguba on August 06, 2012, 01:41:59 AM

What's this with everyone wanting to smack Rusvul! He knows it was bad, he learned his lesson! He does not, I repeat, DOES NOT, deserve to be smacked!... Maybe at the start as a " Get your act together!" kind of thing, but you can't judge someone by past mistakes... Are YOU perfect? Using this reasoning you are saying that we should all be smacking each 24/7!

Sorry, but that's just how I feel. Of course there's the "get it together" thing, yes. But then there's always the fact that from the start, he never really trsuted Dann. Yes, he learned his lesson; but in my opinion, you need a bit more than an apology to make up for calling your own son a coward. But Dann forgave him, and that's what counts.
The biggest mistake ever made was neglecting the art of escape; for it is shunned and looked down upon as cowardice, just until the split second when its use is the vital variable between life and painful death.

Tiria Wildlough

Yeah, I agree. Maybe we should leave that topic alone. If someone doesn't like Rusvul, that's their affair.
I'm not a hipster.

Dannflower Reguba

Kind of interesting that you're the one to be telling ME that after you and numerous other people on this Forum have blasted me for my belief that Rose didn't die.  :P

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Skipper

WarriorOfMossflower

there were very few annoying characters (example; Yoofus Lightpaw) that irked me, really, but I have to say...
Gruven
Scarum
Vitch
Log-a-Log Jangles Bigboat (or something like that. can't remember exactly)
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: danflorreguba on August 06, 2012, 05:02:01 PM
Kind of interesting that you're the one to be telling ME that after you and numerous other people on this Forum have blasted me for my belief that Rose didn't die.  :P
I think we all learned a lesson from the whole Rose thing. Besides, I didn't blast you, I TRIED to tell you reasonably.
Anyway, back to people we'd smack...
I'm not a hipster.

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: Orisse on August 06, 2012, 02:28:15 AM
Quote from: danflorreguba on August 06, 2012, 01:41:59 AM

Sorry, but that's just how I feel. Of course there's the "get it together" thing, yes. But then there's always the fact that from the start, he never really trsuted Dann. Yes, he learned his lesson; but in my opinion, you need a bit more than an apology to make up for calling your own son a coward. But Dann forgave him, and that's what counts.
I agree with danflor, I don't think Rusvul really ever hated Dann or didn't trust him.  Yes, he may have had anger issues.  No, that does not prove that he hated his son.  And you have to admit that Dann, Song, and Dipp kinda weren't actually doing their job, so at least Rusvul had a reason for being mad.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Dannflower Reguba

Whoa.... This is kinda off-topic but... SOMEONE JUST AGREED WITH ME! That like... Never happens. Anyway.

Like pretty much everyone else, I'd really LOVE to smack Cynthia and Viola (more Viola than Cynthia).... I'd kind of like to smack whats her name from Martin the Warrior.... was it Celandine?

Redwallfan7

Quote from: danflorreguba on August 09, 2012, 05:24:13 PM
Whoa.... This is kinda off-topic but... SOMEONE JUST AGREED WITH ME! That like... Never happens. Anyway.

Like pretty much everyone else, I'd really LOVE to smack Cynthia and Viola (more Viola than Cynthia).... I'd kind of like to smack whats her name from Martin the Warrior.... was it Celandine?
I don't remember Viola
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dannflower Reguba

Viola is tht ridiculously prissy vole from Pearls of Lutra... She drives me NUTS!