News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Creatures that should be in Redwall

Started by AbbotAlf0805, June 14, 2012, 01:24:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

Then yorkie would be a perfect addition, they're from England, and they're a mini dog breed.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Gingivere Greeneyes

1. Mink. While they are'nt technically native british animals. There could've benn say, a family of them riding across the sea with a horde of rats or such.

2. Fallow deer and wild boar. They could be used like war-horses for an army or something. Boars used as battering rams while deer as more of a 'hit and run' type creature.

3. Capercallies, pheasents and grouse. I would've have liked to have seen them as neutral-type animals like rabbits. I can also imagine them (namely the caper-cailles) as annoying singers or bards, due to their loud voices.

4. A cat like the ones that have been reported across britan. A cat, (say a lynx or puma.) is terrorizing Mossflower, killing vermin and woodlanders alike. Then Salamandastron and Redwall have to combine their fighters to kill it!
Sela: The leaf is Redwall, Chickemhound is the boot.
Chickenhound: I don't wanna be the boot!
Sela: Shut up your the boot. You, Cluny are the rock, and I'm the sports car.
Cluny: I wanna be the sports car!
Sela: No. I'm always the sports car. D:<

Lutra

Welcome to the forums Gingivere. :)  Be sure to introduce yourself at the Front Lawns.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Rainshadow

I think dragons would have been an interesting addition to the series.  Not overly large dragons, but maybe ones that walked on two hind legs and were the same size as other creatures.  Also, it would have been cool if they could have had magic or firebreathing or something.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Gingivere Greeneyes

Quote from: Lutra on July 30, 2012, 07:15:40 PM
Welcome to the forums Gingivere. :)  Be sure to introduce yourself at the Front Lawns.

I did!  ;D In the introduction topic!
Sela: The leaf is Redwall, Chickemhound is the boot.
Chickenhound: I don't wanna be the boot!
Sela: Shut up your the boot. You, Cluny are the rock, and I'm the sports car.
Cluny: I wanna be the sports car!
Sela: No. I'm always the sports car. D:<

Lutra

Quote from: Rainshadow on July 30, 2012, 07:25:06 PM
  I think dragons would have been an interesting addition to the series.  Not overly large dragons, but maybe ones that walked on two hind legs and were the same size as other creatures.  Also, it would have been cool if they could have had magic or firebreathing or something.

I don't see how mythical creatures in Redwall would make it more interesting.  Adders made it interesting enough because anyone was fair game. :)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

White One6193

Bears.[Everything/i] is made more awesome with bears.
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Felldoh154

Quote from: Skyblade on June 14, 2012, 10:28:49 PM
Right.

I would've liked to see chipmunks, prarie dogs, meerkats, mongooses, dolphins, and flamingos.

They have dolphins, and sea lions as well

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Felldoh154 on July 31, 2012, 12:18:48 PM
Quote from: Skyblade on June 14, 2012, 10:28:49 PM
Right.

I would've liked to see chipmunks, prarie dogs, meerkats, mongooses, dolphins, and flamingos.

They have dolphins, and sea lions as well
Didn't they have dolphins and sea lions in Pearls of Lutra?
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Lutra

I know they had sea lions on the ice float because Grath had to speak with them. :)  Can't remember any dolphins though.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Lutra on August 01, 2012, 02:00:05 AM
I know they had sea lions on the ice float because Grath had to speak with them. :)  Can't remember any dolphins though.
What's strange to me is, there was a beaver in the first Redwall book, and if I recall, beavers aren't native to England.

W0NWILL

If I recall corectly, they are but are extinct or nearly in England.

Lutra

Quote from: W0NWILL on August 01, 2012, 02:41:49 AM
If I recall corectly, they are but are extinct or nearly in England.

Yes this is correct, and perhaps why we see no more beavers in Redwall. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Jetthebinturong

Raccoons
Binturongs!
Red Pandas
More beavers!
Bears
Skunks
Penguins!
Lemmings
More hamsters
Albino animals!

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Tiria Wildlough

I think Kurda was an albino ferret, because she was pure white and she had pink eyes. True albinos have pink eyes.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.