News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Felldoh

Started by Alessandro Reinares, July 06, 2011, 04:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alessandro Reinares

Hi,

How come Felldoh is mentioned in Mossflower as someone who is from Luke's Caves but in Martin the Warrior, Martin just met him in Marshank (sp)?

Thanks.

Al

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Mossflower is after Martin the Warrior in chronology. The events of Martin the Warrior happened before, so Martin had already met him and befriended him, though Felldoh wasn't from the caves of Luke.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Lily

At the end of Martin the Warrior, Martin vowed to never mention the events that took place in Marshank. It's possible that's why he said Felldoh was simply his friend from the north - he didn't want to mention the days of Marshank or Noonvale.

Captain Tammo

Felldoh was one of my favorites! I agree with
Quote from: Lily on July 06, 2011, 02:34:46 PM
At the end of Martin the Warrior, Martin vowed to never mention the events that took place in Marshank. It's possible that's why he said Felldoh was simply his friend from the north - he didn't want to mention the days of Marshank or Noonvale.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Galedeep

I believe you misread it. The only warrior I can think of that was referenced to in Mossflower and lived in Lukes caves was Timballisto.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

@Galedeep: Martin, when talking to Gonff, mentioned more than Timballisto. He drew reference to several others, including a "Felldoh the Wrestler". Some of these are only ever mentioned then. They could have been some of Luke's tribe, or Marshank slaves, or others.

Galedeep

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on July 06, 2011, 04:56:52 PM
@Galedeep: Martin, when talking to Gonff, mentioned more than Timballisto. He drew reference to several others, including a "Felldoh the Wrestler". Some of these are only ever mentioned then. They could have been some of Luke's tribe, or Marshank slaves, or others.
Oh that's right. I forgot that part, sorry.

martins#1fan

Quote from: Galedeep on July 06, 2011, 05:00:52 PM
Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on July 06, 2011, 04:56:52 PM
That's right, he did, and in fact I just remembered that.
Oh that's right. I forgot that part, sorry.
We all forget things! It's no shame.
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Alessandro Reinares

Maybe it's because BJ wrote Mossflower before Martin the Warrior.

Lily

Quote from: Alessandro Reinares on July 06, 2011, 09:59:56 PM
This too. ;) He probably remembered a name he used and decided to flesh the character out.

Icefire

Quote from: Lily on July 07, 2011, 12:19:23 AM
Quote from: Alessandro Reinares on July 06, 2011, 09:59:56 PM
This too. ;) He probably remembered a name he used and decided to flesh the character out.
Yeah, that's probably the case. You can sort of combine those explanations by saying Martin vowed not to speak of those events, but decided to say Felldoh was from his original home because Felldoh is just too awesome to leave out of the picture! ;D
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Felldoh450

Felldoh passed away in MTW. The character in Mossflower, and The Legend of Luke couldn't be the same character as in MTW because those are later in chronology.
Go ye into all the world and  preach the Gospel.

Redwall Musician

Felloh is not in the books, he is just mentioned. He is just so awesome that he had to be talked about in more then one book.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Quote from: Felldoh450 on July 08, 2011, 03:04:20 PM
Felldoh passed away in MTW. The character in Mossflower, and The Legend of Luke couldn't be the same character as in MTW because those are later in chronology.

Felldoh was not mentioned in the Legend of Luke

Captain Tammo

Think of it this way. Theres more than one person named John in the world, I'm sure somewhere in the redwall world, there's been creatures with the same name. Like gingivere the cat (spelling) in redwall and Mossflower
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior