Ripfang

Started by Vilu Daskar, June 17, 2013, 02:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vilu Daskar

What happened to Ripfang after he sailed off at the end of Lord Brocktree.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

rachel25

who's Ripfang again sorry I haven't read Lord Brocktree in agggeeeeesssss  :P

Vilu Daskar

He and his brother are Searats they join Ungatt Trunn in the beginning of Lord Brocktree.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Shadowed One

I always thought he eventually fought Boar in Mossflower, but BJ said that that was a coincidence in Ask Brian, they are two different characters.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

rachel25

I remember now thanks Vilu Daskar  :P

Ungatt Trunn

I've always wanted to believe that the Ripfang in Mossflower and the Ripfang in Lord Brocktree were the same person.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Vilu Daskar

Theres a Ripfang in Mossflower?

Romsca

Yes. It couldn't have been the same rat since too much time had passed, but the Ripfang in Mossflower could have been Ripfang Jr. or Ripfang III

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Romsca on June 18, 2013, 02:56:04 PM
Yes. It couldn't have been the same rat since too much time had passed, but the Ripfang in Mossflower could have been Ripfang Jr. or Ripfang III
Possible. BJ said it himself that the Ripfang in Lord Brocktree wasn't the same one in Mossflower, makes that a very good idea.

Kitsune

Maybe it's an age old fight, like "My decedents will fight yours!" or something like that.

Romsca

Yeah, like a feud

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: PluggFiretail on June 18, 2013, 06:23:51 PM
Maybe it's an age old fight, like "My decedents will fight yours!" or something like that.
That's what I was thinking.

The Shade

Oh, I always believed that they were the same rat.....But Boar the fighter in Mossflower says that Ripfang personly has been inside Salamandestron. So both rat have been inside??
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Romsca

They could have. Rats can sneak into small places. They would have to be different rats since (IMO) too much time had passed between the two books for it to still be the same rat

The Shade

They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I