5 (22.7%)
no
13 (59.1%)
mabey
4 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 22

phoenixfoden

Quote from: MatthiasMan on December 10, 2012, 02:19:28 AM
Foxes are pretty sneaky. I am a fox actually and I know my way around things too easily. Plugg would have died someday, but I still believe he could have survived. He was one sneaky guy. (When I say I'm a fox, I mean I'm a furry fox. Half.)
me,romsca and mathiasman are the only ones with imaginations.

Redwaller

That's a pretty mean thing to say...  :(

It's not because you have a different opinion on something that it means you don't have imagination...

phoenixfoden

Romsca

Romsca and Klitch could have survived also... it just mention a "dead corsair"... there were many dead corsairs aboard, and it just said Klitch's eyes clouded over, he could have just gone blind

phoenixfoden

Lol this makes me want to make a "creatures that could have lived" thread.

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Kitsune

Quote from: phoenixfoden on December 10, 2012, 06:27:40 PM
Foxes are pretty sneaky. I am a fox actually and I know my way around things too easily. Plugg would have died someday, but I still believe he could have survived. He was one sneaky guy. (When I say I'm a fox, I mean I'm a furry fox. Half.)
yeah, pretty much ;) I put maybe, though because could have NOT escaped.... but I don't like to think that.

WoodenSpoon

I would say no. It isn't outright stated he died, but considering that he was dragged away by three ferocious adders, and never seen again, I don't believe the odds are in his favor.

While I believe that Plugg was killed and eaten shortly after his capture, for the sake of the argument, I am going to assume that Plugg somehow escaped from the three adders, though how is beyond me.

It is heavily implied (practically certain) that he was bitten at least once. If he attempted to escape, he'd probably be bitten again. I would say more then twice, with all three adders striking at him. Once again, I am assuming he gets away. Now he's free, but he's pumped full of adder venom.

I noticed that some people have mention Chickenhounds survival to support Pluggs. The problem with this is that Chickenhound was the son of a healer. He knew secret herbs that kept him alive. (I don't have my copy of Mattimeo handy at the moment, but I believe this is stated outright.) Plugg was a seafaring beast. I doubt he had this woodland knowledge.

I would like to bring in another survivor of adder bite, one who recovered rapidly with his sanity intact. In Outcast of Redwall, Sunflash is bitten twice by an adder (or once by two?), and is at deaths door. Only skilled healing and sheer badger strength are able to save him. (And, if I am remembering correctly, really bossy ancestors that won't let the poor guy die.)

Plugg, being a fox, does not have the sheer badger strength going for him * . And, unless he has freakishly good luck, there was no talented healer wandering around that area. **

Cleverness and sneakiness is no antidote for adder venom. He would need a healers care. Even with that, any recovery at all would be seen as a more then a minor miracle.

Of course, this is all assuming he gets away from the adders to begin with. How would he manage this?

*(He probably doesn't have the bossy ancestor angle either, but this is besides the point)

** In answer to that possibility, I question why the healer did not make him or herself known at Redwall. Would he or she be a vermin? In that case, would he or she really be selfless enough to take on what most would consider a lost cause? Perhaps it would be a woodlander, sort of a strange hermit who avoids contact with Abbeybeasts. Then again, if you avoid abbybeasts, you'd have to be pretty crazy to treat a fox. Oh, but I have begun  rambling, haven't I?

Skyblade

That's not rambling, it's logical thinking ^.^

welcome to the forums, too!

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

clunylooney

Quote from: Romsca on December 10, 2012, 10:10:21 PM
Romsca and Klitch could have survived also... it just mention a "dead corsair"... there were many dead corsairs aboard, and it just said Klitch's eyes clouded over, he could have just gone blind
Well it said that Romsca had a huge claw wound on her back and if that poison killed that other hare, why didn't it kill Klitch?
I definitely think Plugg Firetail is dead, but I can imagine someone has or will undoubtedly make a fanfic where he lives.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Ripred the Gnawer

Quote from: phoenixfoden on December 10, 2012, 06:27:40 PM

ok, that's a little mean. :(
I'm an author, so I have got to have an imagination!
'We stop looking for monsters under the bed when we realize they are inside of us'
"If you gaze long enough into the abyss, it'll gaze back at you"