News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Worst Villain Death

Started by JangoCoolguy, March 25, 2014, 03:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Villain had the Lamest/Cheapest Death

Cluny
3 (6.7%)
Tsarmina
4 (8.9%)
Slagar
5 (11.1%)
Gabool
5 (11.1%)
Urgan Nargu
6 (13.3%)
Ublaz
2 (4.4%)
Kurda
5 (11.1%)
Raga Bol
1 (2.2%)
Riggu Felis
3 (6.7%)
Korvus Skurr
1 (2.2%)
Zwilt
1 (2.2%)
Razzid Wearat
3 (6.7%)
Sawney Rath
6 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

clunylooney

Quote from: WorshipTiria on May 28, 2021, 06:19:49 PM
Quote from: clunylooney on May 25, 2021, 01:12:32 AM
Quote from: Flib Bigboat on May 24, 2021, 11:48:15 PM
Some of the minor villains had pretty bad deaths, too.
Like whom? Anyway, I still think having side villains die lame is less bad than killing the main bad guy in a lame way. Like Riggu Felis!
I don't think Riggu Felis died poorly. It was a good callback and, both metaphorically and literally, his own misdeeds came back to haunt him.
I wanted him to die with the star and Tiria is great at slinging, I just think he died too quickly. Maybe it's because he's one of my favorite villains that I wish he'd had a more exciting death.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

WorshipTiria

I can see where you are coming from.
I'm about to go GREMLIN MODE

Tungro

That was one of my favorite books, Jacques was great at revenge stories

WorshipTiria

It was my favorite book (you could probably tell from the username).

Lairo Lairo

Kurda, absolutely.

One of the (many) things that's bugged me about Triss, even years later, is the wasted potential of Kurda as a villain, including how her downfall played out. We could've had an epic swordfight between Kurda and Triss, a cathartic clash between mortal enemies, but instead we get a redux of Slagar's death except without the context and build-up that made his death perfectly satisfying to me. At least with Slagar, who always chose to run away after backstabbing/manipulating others, it made sense (to me, anyway) that he would die as a direct result of those habits.

The book makes a point of establishing Kurda as an arrogant coward with an inflated sense of her own competence, so the circumstances of her death can certainly be interpreted as a logical procession of that...but "logical" doesn't always equal "satisfying". I honestly think Kurda would have been a more effective villain (with a more compelling death) if she'd been written more like Captain Zigu.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Martin Luther King Jr.

WorshipTiria

Also, can we just talk about the fact that Kurda was a well trained swordsman, and yet she managed the impale herself on her own sword?

Tungro

WorshipTiria

Irony isn't always a good thing. Especially when it's falling on your head.

Flib Bigboat

Prince Bladd's death was probably even lamer than Kurda's, especially as nobody felt remotely sorry about it (myself included), because it was so ridiculous.
And I like your pun, WT. ;D
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

WorshipTiria

I actually liked Bladd's death.

clunylooney

Plugg Firetail was sad about Bladd's death, because they had bonded together and Bladd had leaned bravery. That's one of my favorite parts of that (IMO) below average book. That and the creepy snakes.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Tungro

Flib Bigboat

Yup.

And it really wasn't that below average, either.
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

WorshipTiria

it was one of the lesser books in the series.

clunylooney

Quote from: Flib Bigboat on September 24, 2021, 06:30:36 PM
Yup.

And it really wasn't that below average, either.
Well In my opinion it was the worst but there can be differences in opinion. For me it's between Triss and Mariel of Redwall.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me