Plugg Firetail

Started by Janglur Swifteye, September 23, 2011, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janglur Swifteye

I noticed that many people have commented about how they liked Plugg as a villain, so I decided to start a thread on him. He really is one of the most lovable villains, even though he isn't kind-hearted like grubbage or blaggut. I especially liked his standoffs with kurda, and also how much his crew loved him. I was sad when he died, and often wished it was Kurda who was taken by the snakes instead of him, and I wish Slitty would have gone away with his crew and become a 'cap'n  with an 'eart o' gold' just like Plugg.

Plugg Firetail

Thank you!Finally another Plugg fan.Its been two years since I read Redwall books and he still is my favorite bad guy.

Skipper

i like the bit were the hare starts to sing that song about education (i havent read this book in a while is it triss?)

Muse

I love that song to. Scarum, the best hare ever, sang it.
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Log-a-Log

I liked Plugg because the was so scornful of Kurda and Bladd and had good leadership of his crew
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Muse

Yeah. I think he was the first vermin who's warriors actually liked and cared about him. I mean, they cried when he died!
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Tiria Wildlough

Yeah...I was so sad when he died. And to see Slitfang slain by a rotten trick is just mean. :( :(
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Dotti

I love the whole thing with Plugg's tail!  That was too funny!  :D  On the whole, Plugg is one of my favorite villians.  His interactions with Kurda provided some great comic relief throughout Triss.
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Janglur Swifteye

I always wished Kurda was taken by the snakes, and the rat guards became freebooters, and then plugg would eventually become the head of a fleet (even though captains usually rebel, and thing don't turn out well for 'admirals' EX. Gabool, Ublaz).

Romsca

Yeah, Kurda should have been killed by snakes
Although, I have a theory.
Plugg might just have been taken but not killed by the snakes and he got away. There never was evidence the snakes killed or ate him. It's not like they found his dead body somewhere in the woods or inside the snakes

phoenixfoden

Quote from: Romsca on December 04, 2012, 08:48:51 PM
Yeah, Kurda should have been killed by snakes
Although, I have a theory.
Plugg might just have been taken but not killed by the snakes and he got away. There never was evidence the snakes killed or ate him. It's not like they found his dead body somewhere in the woods or inside the snakes
that is a good idea for an roleplay!

Tiria Wildlough

Yeah, but the snakes bit him, so he probably died.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

phoenixfoden

But he probly sucked the poisin out and spat it in the snakes face!

Romsca

DanielofRedwall

Whatever you've learnt, sucking out the venom (there is a difference between venom and poison!) is not a good idea. Because your mouth as heaps of germs in it, they can transfer on to the wound and that could make it even worse. Also, if you have a cut in your mouth, it could infect that or even enter your bloodstream. Best just seek medical advice ASAP.

Anyway, on topic... I thought Plugg Firetail was a shining light of awesomeness in a pretty boring and bland book. Sorry to those who like it, I just found Triss to be a bit boring. Plugg was really interesting, I found it kind of cool how the crew respected him in the way they do.
Received mostly negative reviews.