News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Ranking the Redwall Villains

Started by clunylooney, March 26, 2020, 04:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clunylooney

I'm new here so I'd thought I'd start with a post I have not seen on this website.
There have been a few, "who is the best villain," or, "favorite villain" so I thought I would start a ranking of them.

Rank the main antagonists from best to worst via your own opinion.
Here are mine: (i have only read 11 redwall books)
1.Cluny the Scourge (the best general and just coolest all around villain in my opinion)
2.Slagar the Cruel (probably the most complex villain in the entire redwall series)
3.Riggu Felis (actually had some wins against the heroes and was a cruel and dangerous bad guy)
4.Swartt Sixclaw (his relationship with sunflash was awesome and come on) 
5.Ungatt Trunn (he is a wildcat with a trident)
6.Tsarmina Greeneyes (she is from my favorite book so...)
7.Badrang the Tyrant (the only reason he isn't higher is because tsarmina was from my favorite book)
8.Ublaz Mad Eyes (I loved his hypnotism and sword skills, and his army of monitors) 
9.Damug Warfang (he has the worst name ever, but he was generaly a pretty cool bad guy) 
10.Urgan Nagru (for some reason, he was a meathead in the first half and a good tactician in the second half)
11.Gabool the Wild (gabool was barely in the book at all)
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Verdauga

Hello and welcome to the forums, Cluny! Also, a topic like this one exists here.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

clunylooney

Quote from: Verdauga on March 26, 2020, 05:23:52 PM
Hello and welcome to the forums, Cluny! Also, a topic like this one exists here.
Thank you! There is a slight difference but who honestly cares?
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

shisteer of nothing much

Alrighty, this'll be interesting. (Let's see if I can remember all the bad guys) I'll go from least favourite, because I think it's slightly more interesting that way, and I haven't read all the books, so I may skip some/most of them.

Ungatt Trunn, Badrang the Tyrant, Ruggan Bor,

!2: Gabool the Wild. (Gabool was unnecessarily cruel and evil, plus he was basically mad from the start. He didn't really seem like that much of a threat)
11: Tsarmina Greeneyes. (The impression I got from Tsarmina was that she was a spoilt brat whose daddy had plenty of power. She was evil but she had temper problems and couldn't control her fears. The most dangerous thing about her was her army)
10: Cluny the Scourge. (He wasn't too bad, but I feel like his character could've been fleshed out better)
9: Slagar the Cruel. (Slagar was a fairly decent bad guy, managing to get into Redwall and all that, but he annoyed me. He was so set on revenge that he failed to think practically)
8: Ublaz Mad Eyes. (He was cool but he let his greed get the better of him)
7: Vilu Daskar. (He has an awesome name, for a start. Add to that the fact that he's a pirate and can plan a decent ambush and you've got, on the whole, a fairly decent villain)
6: Swartt Sixclaw. (He was relatively cool but he let hate control his actions and he was a rubbish father, which really annoyed me)
5: Sawney Rath. (I really liked the concept of the Juska and Sawney was a pretty cool leader, but he shouldn't have underestimated his clanbeasts)
4: Ferahgo the Assassin. (He was a decent bad guy, but he would have done better if he'd tried to work with his son, rather than against him)
3: Badrang the Tyrant. (He was relatively awesome and I think, were it not for the good guys also being awesome, he would have done quite well. It's just a shame, for him, that Felldoh was around)
2: Ungatt Trunn. (Cool chant, blue hordebeasts and a really menacing way of doing things. He was as dangerous as a friend as he was a foe)
1st place goes to (drum roll please) Ruggan Bor. (I know he wasn't the main villain but he was a leader so he counts in this) *gives Ruggan a prize* (Seriously, he was awesome. He could look at beasts and they'd know he wanted their attention and he is probably the only bad guy smart enough to actually conquer Redwall Abbey, not that he wanted to)
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!