News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

What happened to the others

Started by Jack the Quick, May 15, 2019, 10:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack the Quick

I was just wondering what happened to the miner and the pirate, other lost legends of rewall editions that never came out. Do you guys know what happened? Cause I don't.
'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

Tungro

I think they are meant to be DLCs or maybe separate games

Captain Tammo

The Scout and Escape the Gloomer are the first releases by SOMA - it sounds like there's more to come still!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Jack the Quick

I just thought that I read somewhere on the Redwall Wiki about them being scheduled for release sometime in 2018. It's 2019 now!
'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

Tungro

So from what I have seen is that the game series is called the Lost Legends of Redwall and the first episode is "The Scout" {released 2018}. I think the miner, pirate, and other legends will come out later as DLCs/New games.

Captain Tammo

^ That's the idea. I can't wait to see what they roll out next!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

LordTBT

Quote from: Jack the Quick on May 16, 2019, 06:57:11 PM
I just thought that I read somewhere on the Redwall Wiki about them being scheduled for release sometime in 2018. It's 2019 now!

They were. But seemingly the next game to watch for appears to be Act II of The Scout. Release unknown.

PanopticEmu

So, I realise that there hasn't been a great deal of clarity on this topic, however, the plan is basically this:
There are 3 overall games from Soma (not including Escape the Gloomer) in the works. Each of these games will have 3 "acts" of an indeterminate amount of chapters.
Game 1: The Scout
So far, Act 1 has been released, comprising 5 chapters or scenes. Act 2 is close to being released to beta testers. Act 3 is in the works, but not yet in alpha.
Games 2 and 3 are in planning, but no content is currently available, and Soma is being very tight lipped on what the plans are regarding storyline etc for these.

Soma currently has the licence for up to 6 games (including Escape the Gloomer), however it is still undecided as to whether they will end up making that many.
discord: PanopticEmu#0001