News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Redwall - The Game

Started by Astral, July 13, 2011, 05:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rakkety tam

hey havnt seen an update in awhile just wondering whats going on if u are getting any closer or  not
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Log-a-Log

On his blog, it says he is really busy right now with school, so the game has been postponed.
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Cheesethief

I just watched your youtube videos and it looks great! keep up the good work and don't give up! This will be a great game. I would also suggest limiting it to Redwall the book only because that takes up the least amount of space and detail in the whole series. But when you finish this you might have a future creating Redwall games and going through the series. one last thing, dont give it out for free! make some money, man!

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I'll address the last part of your post.
I'm almost completely certain, that from a legal stand point, he's required to distribute whatever he makes with the game engines he's using for free.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Muse

Hey Astral. This is completely serious, but can I help write the story line and script?
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

rakkety tam

i think the main things u need is just like mossflower redwall and salamandastron
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Coobreedan

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Gears

Quote from: Astral on July 13, 2011, 05:21:15 PM
Come one, come all, to the world of Redwall.

Hello, I'm a computing student in Uni, and I've been a bit bored during these holidays. I had a dream about Redwall a while back :O .. And wondered wouldn't it be awesome for some simple 3D PC Redwall game. (I remember seeing the "A tale Of Redwall" by Benny Wrights, but it seems he gave up in 2009 after contact with him was lost). Anyway so I went about researching about 3D programming last week, and after trying a few engines I found I was satisfied with one finally.

The game is currently in development at very early stages, if anyone has experience in 3D development, I kindly ask you to help me :D .. It took me 3 entire days, 30-40hours to create the 4 outer Redwall walls. I need help creating for character models, so if you have any experience in 3D modelling (in 3DS MAX etc), contact me :'(

I am a very good programmer, so programming it self isn't a problem. I'm coding the game in C++

(If it is ever completed, it will obviously be released for free, because I hate paying for stuff too :L .. And I would try and involve networking in it. This will be sort of like an RPG)

Here's screen-shots of it so far:
Running EXE:

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/1790/redwallexess.jpg

Close-up:

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9728/redwallmodel12jul.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________
15 JULY
Backwall built
Abbey built
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_DO5mZpwOo

__________________________________________________________________________________________
17 JULY
Ok I'm in need of a little help. What do you think the other building, next/combined to great hall should be. I've though of 2 main rooms, the armoury on the bottom floor. And the infirmary, which I think would be appropiate by combining 2 rooms to make it bigger.

- I numbered each room, so you can easily post your opinion here.

- A single room is not that big, but it would be big enough to fit 2/3 beds

- I also think that in Redwall, they have big rooms, with lots of beds in.

Anyway opinions?

You are amazing!! I look at your website all the time! dont give up! i would kill to see this finished!!
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Nightfire

I would so totally play this game. I really hope it get's finished soon!
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Cheesethief

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on November 09, 2011, 08:01:35 PM
I'll address the last part of your post.
I'm almost completely certain, that from a legal stand point, he's required to distribute whatever he makes with the game engines he's using for free.
really i didnt know that! well that stinks, but dont give up astral!

Trigoma

i would play this game, but i would also so want online capability. hope hes able to do that. looks good though astral :D
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Tiria Wildlough

Hmm, I hope this works out for you. I myself don't have much time for video games, but I think you're doing well. :)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Coobreedan

We will be able to play as other animals, right?
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Nightfire

I myself would love to be a squirrel....
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Skalrag of Marshank

"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy