News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Question: Redwall Movie??

Started by Lady Amber, September 19, 2011, 10:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amber

Hello there, I just had a question. I keep seeing/hearing rumors of a Redwall movie coming out this year, but I haven't had any good evidence. Does anyone know if this is true?  ??? That would be so cool if there was a movie!

Nightfire

Well, there's three Redwall cartoons out, but I don't know whether or not they're making a movie. There definitely ARE rumors, though. Who knows, maybe those rumors are true. :)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

There is no Redwall movie coming out this year. There was once something a few years ago that a Redwall movie was scheduled for release in late 2011, but that was never real. There's been a lot of supposed movie adaptions over the years. Redwall fans shouldn't get over excited about anything.

*edit*
Once hosted image on a domain:

Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Lutra

Nope nothing official.  Sorry to burst your bubble.  (I think it'd be awesome too if done correctly!) :)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

DanielofRedwall

http://redwallmovie.com/

I'm pretty sure this one is fake though.

Also, the poster of the already confermed fake one that TOR mentioned:

Received mostly negative reviews.

Skalrag of Marshank

Yeah. You could totally make a poster like that on your own, if you wanted to...
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Lady Amber

Alrighty, thanks guys! Too bad they aren't. With all the computer technology they could really make a cool movie. Maybe they actually will someday.  ;)

Nightfire

I think they should make a Legend of Luke cartoon. YAYALAHOOO!!!!! Ranguvar Foeseeker animated would be AWESOME!!!
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Nightfire on September 20, 2011, 10:00:56 PM
Ranguvar Foeseeker animated would be AWESOME!!!
I beg to differ.
If they made ANY Redwall movie, they would probably start with Redwall. Or they might make one of Mossflower or Mattimeo and label it 'Redwall'.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Nightfire

Folgrimeo

Since there's already been animated adaptations of "Redwall" and "Mattimeo", rehashing them seems pointless since it'd be old hat to Redwall fans, even though "Redwall" is the best place to start for those not acquainted with the series. There's been no adaptation of "Mossflower" despite an attempt or two at it, so that'd be the likely next step.

Me, I just want to see "Taggerung" adapted. It may be one of the longest books, but it also has a charming pair of heroes, adventure, dramatic sad moments, and overall wowed me more than most of the other books. Given how faithful the second and third seasons of the TV show were to their books, I can only imagine "Taggerung" being a short series of its own because it really needs hours of time to touch upon the important stuff without feeling rushed.

Skalrag of Marshank

I would love to see Mossflower as an animated series.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Lady Amber

Cartoons would be cool, but the reason I was excited is because I heard they were making it CGI action or whatever its called (you know, the computer drawn stuff that looks real?). 8)

DanielofRedwall

^

That would be cool, especially if they could get Animal Logic to do the animation. They're the people who did Legend of the Guardians. Just as long as it's more accurate to the book then that movie!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Skalrag of Marshank on September 20, 2011, 08:36:08 PM
Yeah. You could totally make a poster like that on your own, if you wanted to...
Yeah, I know what you mean. I googled Rakkety Tam and this random poster came up:

Some guy who just made a random Rakkety Tam movie poster.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."