Smileys

Started by rakkety tam, May 07, 2012, 05:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rakkety tam

ok i'll get right to it i think we should have more smilies and some of the smilies dont look quite right to me like :D should be laugh instead of cheesy  ??? should have like a sideways mouth instead of a frown :-[ should be less of a frown but not a smile just like :| with the redness of course but i think we atleast need a facepalm smilie here is a great site for smilies u could matbe use the links some how

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Bragoon

I think it's good that we don't have many smilies. It encourages us to communicate more through out text, to say what we really mean.  I used to use a lot more faces, but I noticed that it feels and sounds much better if use them less and force myself to expound on the words I'm using, and to come up with better ways to demonstrate my point.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Lutra

Our smileys are more than enough.  I've been to boards that go too far overboard with alternative smileys and it looks cluttered and unprofessional.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

rakkety tam

i'm not asking an overwhelming ammount just maybe  a facepalm one may be a smilie holding up a sighn that says welcome to the forum or something

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

redwallgurl

i like the amount wd have but I agree some small changes could be made
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Tiria Wildlough

Yeah, we shouldn't have loads, but we should have more than we have.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Skipper

I personally think the smilies are fine though a little addition to them now and again would be nice

Dannflower Reguba

^ I heartily agree!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

rakkety tam

awsome we should just get like 2 or 3 more or something

MatthiasMan

Quote from: Bragoon on May 07, 2012, 07:34:13 PM
I think it's good that we don't have many smilies. It encourages us to communicate more through out text, to say what we really mean.  I used to use a lot more faces, but I noticed that it feels and sounds much better if use them less and force myself to expound on the words I'm using, and to come up with better ways to demonstrate my point.
I agree. I like to express myself, and say what the mind really feels and knows.