getting of topic in the forums

Started by mattimouse20, July 21, 2012, 11:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattimouse20

Okay, I know this has happened a lot on the forums. People begin to discuss a topic and they get off topic with an u are there ways that you can help control that?perhaps reviewing a future post before it goes on the boards in order to lay out which comments. Are most appropriate to discuss in the post
just wait until I make my daring escape!

psybox

I believe that off topic is allowed if the post isn't purely off topic and also doesn't have anything inappropriate. 

Redwallfan7

yes, it can be slightly off topic, and nothing inappropriate.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

mattimouse20

Okay,because sometimes but not always,getting off topic can add confusion to the discussion of the actual subject.
just wait until I make my daring escape!

Redwallfan7

True. That's why to talk about anything in general, I tend to go to the Random discussions.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Lutra

Unless it blatantly goes off topic (meaning you've forgotten entirely what the topic is about and are discussing something else) then we generally let those slide, and the members resolve the issue themselves and get back on topic. :)  Don't worry, we keep watch as best we can.  (I think some of the mods have been on vacation this past week, so for the two or three of us around, its hard to keep up sometimes).
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra