News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Announcements Response Topic

Started by Matthias720, November 11, 2013, 05:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

Is it just me, or are the ranks a bit inconsistent? Like, some people with 5 stars have "Redwall Recorder" while others have "Abbey Gardener". I know it's not a big deal, but...wow, I'm curious.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

James Gryphon

You don't always get a new star with a new rank (we thought having one star per rank would get gaudy).
« Subject to editing »

Rusvul

Are the new ranks based solely on post count, or do they vary depending on where you post the most?

Dannflower Reguba

Everything is based off of post-count, though you can't get counted posts from the Cellars, the Front Lawns, or Forum Games.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rusvul

I know that it worked that way before, but seeing as how there are now more ranks and more than one rank per star, it seemed possible that they had something to do with where you had posted.

Jukka the Sling

*Is hyperventilating* I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THESE NEW RANKS!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH, MODS!!!

(Seriously, I'm really excited.)

(Oh, and by sorting the members list by post count, I think I've figured out some of the ranks.)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Eulaliaaa!

What are the new rank names? I know a few, but what are all of them?
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Jetthebinturong

Having gone over the awards topic again (was trying to figure out what the blue pawprint meant) I have noticed something that I would classify as a mistake: "If you paste and award in your signature and you did not win it, there will be strict consequences." Before I read this line, I had no desire to paste an award into my signature, but my morbid curiosity is attempting to make me do so. So I must ask, what would these strict consequences be? If you do not wish to reveal it publicly, could I be PMed?

L'appel du vide is a horrible thing to feel.....
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

James Gryphon

Always living on the edge...

It isn't really about having a specific 36x36 pixel (or whatever size it is) image in their sig, it's about disrespecting the staff, the members who put in the work to earn those awards, the challenges, and the rules -- in short, the entire culture of the forum.

That said, most rule violations result in a warning. If the warning didn't take, we would probably edit the image out of their signature. If they insisted on bringing it back, despite warnings, I'd suspect there would be a temporary gag in that user's future (in addition to re-editing the image out). Anything after that, I'll leave to your imagination.
« Subject to editing »

Leatho Shellhound

I love the new ranks!!!

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on April 06, 2015, 12:18:28 AM
What are the new rank names? I know a few, but what are all of them?

Administrator

Global Moderator

Local Moderator

Inactive Staff

Developer

Season Namer

Monthly Competition Winner

Redwall Recorder = 5000 posts

Abbey Gardener = 2500 posts

Abbey Cellarbeast = 1000 posts

Abbey Gatekeeper = 500 posts

Kitchen Assistant = 250 posts

Abbey Bellringer = 100 posts

Redwall Novice = 10 posts

Dibbun = 0 posts

Gagged
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Gonff the Mousethief

I think your right Leatho. Very good job!  ;D
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Jukka the Sling

I figured it out first... ;D

Oh, and there's two more unknown ranks above Redwall Recorder.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

CaptainRocktree

How do you get Dev? I have not seen a Dev before. What do they Develop?
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

The Skarzs

The site. Cryptopur is one of them.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

I don't think they develop the site. Cryptopur is the only Developer, and he's with the Redwall video game.