News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

AWWW, I'M SORRY TO HEAR THAT. I SEE A LOT OF BUNNIES TOO.

Rosie Willowwater

I DO SEE A LOT OF SQUIRRELS THOUGH. THEY'RE SO CUTE

Jetthebinturong

I like bunnies. I used to have a rabbit called Columba.

Spoiler

While I did not voice my opinion at the time, this whole argument is ridiculous.

The situation of someone coming onto a forum about a children's book series to sell a mattress was absurd enough, without adding the random string of numbers for a name, the logical problems with actually selling said mattress and the spelling errors. I find it unfair that people are being penalised for voicing the thoughts of any sane person. Kit did this to get a specific reaction, and the vindication he expressed in that thread was childish and unjustified. We knew he was trolling. I was one hundred percent certain of it, and I do not believe that anyone who had doubts would have accused him of trolling. Yet, because we reacted how any sane person would, he is somehow allowed to feel that his characterisation of this forum as a toxic place was justified, which, may I stress, it most certainly is not.

Had he been cleverer in his deception, such as by creating an actually believable personality he would have found his hypothesis to be discredited.

At the time of Melanda MacBurl's introduction, everyone was unfailingly courteous and kind towards "her," and it was only later when Groddil voiced his suspicions that people started to have doubts. This was because Melanda had thought put into her creation; she was believable. Mattress guy was not.
[close]
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Ungatt Trunn

Life is too short to rush through it.

Maudie

My code isn't working but I did everything right... >:( :P
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

The Skarzs

I THINK YOU GUYS ARE FORCING IT BUT OKAY.
I SEE FLUFFY BUNNIES IB OUR YARD ALMOST EVERY MORNING WHEN I LEAVE FOR WORK. THEY ARE EATING THE GRASS.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Out for their morning silflay?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Rosie Willowwater

Quote from: The Skarzs on May 24, 2017, 05:40:57 PM
I THINK YOU GUYS ARE FORCING IT BUT OKAY.
I SEE FLUFFY BUNNIES IB OUR YARD ALMOST EVERY MORNING WHEN I LEAVE FOR WORK. THEY ARE EATING THE GRASS.

LUCKY. I HAVE SEEN FOXES THOUGH.

Cornflower MM

*Is tired of typing in all caps*

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on May 24, 2017, 05:44:23 PM

Read WSD, have you? :P

MeadowR

~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Cornflower MM on May 24, 2017, 05:48:34 PM

I read most of it several years ago, skipping the boring bits. :P
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Jukka the Sling

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on May 24, 2017, 05:50:10 PM
Quote from: Cornflower MM on May 24, 2017, 05:48:34 PM

I read most of it several years ago, skipping the boring bits. :P

How dare you? ;)
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Jukka the Sling