News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Rainshadow's Art

Started by Rainshadow, March 24, 2013, 03:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

By the way, the edited comment was about how I find the fellow in the bottom left corner of the 30 Days picture attractive... :P

Oh, Derp Fritz is cute :] I like the one of him in the left, but he seems younger in it for some reason. Like Teenage Fritz. Really looking forward to the drawing :)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Eulaliaaa!

Quote from: Rainshadow
Quote from: Eulaliaaa!
Heheheh. I love the wings, and the way you drew her face, too. The only thing I would change is the hair. Not sure how to put it, but there's more shaved. Hopefully that makes sense :P other than that, it's pretty much perfect  ;D
So... like, the part in her hair is closer to the top of her head and more centered?
Well. Yeah. It extends up closer to the top of her head. You can just draw it the way you have it, if that doesn't make sense  :P
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Leatho Shellhound

haha sweet! She is really cool, love her expression and demeanor!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Faiyloe

Awesome stuff!  ;D really cool. I love how much your art has improved even since I first saw your stuff. I love the posses too. 
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Hickory

First, Rain, you can drop the last request I made. Hopefully you haven't spent a lot of time working on him...

Anyway, I am still agape in amazement at your art! No matter how mcuh advice I get from artists like you I will never understand. (honestly. I'm terrible. And always will be.)
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

One thing, though: They're all unhealthy twigs. :P Seriously, it's kinda worrying how thin they all are. . .
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on September 06, 2015, 04:19:14 PM
Aye. Namesake is really awesome. Once every generation a person who shares the name of a fictional character gets sucked into their world and has to make sure the story goes the right way. So why has Emma Crewe been sucked into The Wizard of Oz to take the role of Dorothy? Something is not quite right here. It starts off as a WoO retelling but quickly evolves into something more. Everyone should read it.

Hmm... I may look into that...

Quote from: Skyblade on September 06, 2015, 04:32:47 PM
By the way, the edited comment was about how I find the fellow in the bottom left corner of the 30 Days picture attractive... :P

Yeah, when I read that Oblivion was a warrior with cropped hair, and after seeing how she acted in the RP, I kinda pictured her as a tomboyish, rugged kind of woman.  I drew her as such, and she kinda turned out to be boyish.  Also, I pictured "cropped" to mean "cut by herself" and "uneven", so... sloppy hair with uneven lengths.  :P

Quote from: Skyblade on September 06, 2015, 04:32:47 PM
Oh, Derp Fritz is cute :] I like the one of him in the left, but he seems younger in it for some reason. Like Teenage Fritz. Really looking forward to the drawing :)

Hehe, I tried to accentuate certain features when I was drawing the "derp" version of characters, like long, shaggy hair and huge pauldrons for Fritz, giant hair (and a seductive look :P) for Callum, and Jackie was literally an owl with hair.  And yeah, the left drawing was the first I did for him, so I was just trying to get the feel of how he looked.  Once I got that down, I tried to get him look a bit older.

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on September 06, 2015, 06:02:12 PM
Quote from: Rainshadow
Quote from: Eulaliaaa!
Heheheh. I love the wings, and the way you drew her face, too. The only thing I would change is the hair. Not sure how to put it, but there's more shaved. Hopefully that makes sense :P other than that, it's pretty much perfect  ;D
So... like, the part in her hair is closer to the top of her head and more centered?
Well. Yeah. It extends up closer to the top of her head. You can just draw it the way you have it, if that doesn't make sense  :P

So... kinda like this?  (Ignore the weird look; just pay attention to the hair.  :P)

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on September 06, 2015, 07:58:38 PM
haha sweet! She is really cool, love her expression and demeanor!

Yay!  Glad you liked her.  :D

Quote from: Faiyloe on September 06, 2015, 08:08:32 PM
Awesome stuff!  ;D really cool. I love how much your art has improved even since I first saw your stuff. I love the posses too. 

Thanks, Faiy-chan!  :D  (I know, right?  All those art books I got from the library really helped, if I do say so myself.  Now I can't look at my old stuff without cringing, though.  :P)

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on September 06, 2015, 10:34:52 PM
First, Rain, you can drop the last request I made. Hopefully you haven't spent a lot of time working on him...

Alright, I'll cut it from the list, then.  And no, I hadn't really gotten to it yet; I'd just barely finished my mental image of what the scene was gonna look like, so now was probably the best time for you to decide that.  ;)

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on September 06, 2015, 10:34:52 PM
Anyway, I am still agape in amazement at your art! No matter how mcuh advice I get from artists like you I will never understand. (honestly. I'm terrible. And always will be.)

Aw, thanks!  :D  (Man, it's so weird getting compliments on my art; I rarely show my art to people in real life (mostly because I'm terrible at accepting both criticism and compliments), so when people actually say positive things about my hobby, the only thought I have is "asdfghjklWHAT".  :P)  And seriously, don't talk down your abilities.  Art is simply a skill that one needs to hone in order to get better.  I'm just one of the lucky ones who started young, and thus has a lot of experience nowadays.  (That sounds really grammatically incorrect...)  So, really, if you want better art, the best thing to do is watch/read tutorials, doodle, practice, and simply DRAW.  You can't get better if you don't do it.  ;)

...So, yeah, don't talk bad about yourself or I'll... I dunno, I'll smack you or something.  :P

Quote from: The Skarzs on September 06, 2015, 10:46:21 PM
One thing, though: They're all unhealthy twigs. :P Seriously, it's kinda worrying how thin they all are. . .

I knowww; ever since I started using guidelines, I haven't been able to figure out how to draw more healthy-looking characters.  They all look rather thin, which has kinda become my style.  I really need to start figuring out how to add weight to the characters.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

The Skarzs

Stick figures. . . all of them. . . skin and bones. The one guy wouldn't be able to lift the giant freaking sword he has even if he used all the muscle in his body. . . and I would be afraid of shaking any of their hands for fear of crushing their bones. . .

I can't get over their skinniness, sorry. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rainshadow

Quote from: The Skarzs on September 06, 2015, 10:53:51 PM
Stick figures. . . all of them. . . skin and bones. The one guy wouldn't be able to lift the giant freaking sword he has even if he used all the muscle in his body. . . and I would be afraid of shaking any of their hands for fear of crushing their bones. . .

I can't get over their skinniness, sorry. :P

Pbtthhhh.  You're a troll; of course you'd break their bones.  ::)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Jetthebinturong

Here's a link to Namesake:

http://namesakecomic.com/comic/the-journey-begins

Not going to lie, when I first read your description of Shen in 30 Days Later, I wasn't picturing your drawings at all. I was basically picturing Gerard Way in a frayed black t-shirt and stripy armbands and legbands.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rainshadow

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on September 06, 2015, 10:59:56 PM
Here's a link to Namesake:

http://namesakecomic.com/comic/the-journey-begins

Not going to lie, when I first read your description of Shen in 30 Days Later, I wasn't picturing your drawings at all. I was basically picturing Gerard Way in a frayed black t-shirt and stripy armbands and legbands.

I won't read it right now (I'm kinda off and on 'cause I'm canning applesauce today), but I'll definitely read it later.

Okay, I was about to correct you in saying "Well, actually, Shen's based off of the post-apocalyptic characters I drew awhile back, so he appears similar to that character...", but after looking up Gerard Way with black hair (specifically these three pictures: x x x), I realized that I liked that image much, much more than my own appearance for him.  (Although, he still is shirtless because that's just how he is; I'm gonna have him wear a hoodie in the RP, though.)  So, yeah, I may be drawing Shen slightly different from now on...

Eulaliaaa!

Yeah, yeah. Like that (except, you know, her hair is longer  :P). That's perfect! (And is it weird that I can't stop staring at Jackie's wings? I really do love the way you drew them. So pretty. So.... wing-like  ;D)
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Skyblade

Is it weird that I can't stop staring at Oblivion..?

You really nailed it with her. Yes, she doesn't act like a female at all.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on September 06, 2015, 11:41:59 PM
Yeah, yeah. Like that (except, you know, her hair is longer  :P). That's perfect! (And is it weird that I can't stop staring at Jackie's wings? I really do love the way you drew them. So pretty. So.... wing-like  ;D)

Mmkay, got it!  :)

For staring purposes.  ;D

Quote from: Skyblade on September 06, 2015, 11:44:50 PM
Is it weird that I can't stop staring at Oblivion..?

You really nailed it with her. Yes, she doesn't act like a female at all.

For staring purposes.  ;D

Skyblade

I was considering getting a new profile picture...