News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Ossu Art + Comics + Requests :D

Started by Osu, June 22, 2011, 11:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on May 20, 2013, 01:53:46 PM
WOW!!! That's the best Romsca drawing I've seen!!

Oh, thanks, Leatho.  ::)  Hehe, just kidding.  ;)  I agree wholeheartedly!  Romsca looks amazing!

I love, love, LOVE Scorchkit!  He's so cute!  Thank you so much!  :D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Leatho Shellhound

Nice one! Vannøyne is next!!!  :D :D :D
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Osu

The kitten belongs to Rainshadow so you'd have to ask her, but Romsca is yours to do with as you please~ :D
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Rainshadow

Sure, Rommy!  I'm pretty big into Khan right now, so I won't be using Scorchkit as my profile pic.  Just as a fanfic cover.  ;)  Lol, and that kit looks so much better than my profile picture on Fanfiction!  My profile picture is this:

Needless to say, it didn't fit very well with the Warriors theme.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Romsca

Quote from: Rainshadow on May 21, 2013, 02:16:04 AM
  Sure, Rommy!  I'm pretty big into Khan right now, so I won't be using Scorchkit as my profile pic.  Just as a fanfic cover.  ;)  Lol, and that kit looks so much better than my profile picture on Fanfiction!

Thanks! I was really getting tired of that picture of Navarre...

Thomas Barkshield

Good job Ossu! Could I have gonff the theif for my request? (I'm almost done your drawing). :D

Osu

Sure thing, Thomas! I probably won't be able to get a good start on it until this weekend, though, so no rush on your half! :D

Blazemane

Quote from: Rainshadow on May 21, 2013, 02:16:04 AM
 Sure, Rommy!  I'm pretty big into Khan right now, so I won't be using Scorchkit as my profile pic.  Just as a fanfic cover.  ;)  Lol, and that kit looks so much better than my profile picture on Fanfiction!  My profile picture is this:

Needless to say, it didn't fit very well with the Warriors theme.  ;)

That's MY avatar on fanfiction.net! As a matter of fact, I'm the one who made it (and hence, why the text does such a terrible job of actually staying on the picture)!

I'm not accusing you of stealing at all--it's just that you've just given me a "somebody actually liked what I did?!?!?!?!?" moment over here. Wow, wow, wow, I am amazed.

Maybe you've run into my fanfiction account before? http://www.fanfiction.net/~blazemane

I am so happy right now. Anyways, sorry for bursting in on your thread without any useful feedback on your art, Osu. So I should tell you at the very least that I have a habit of clicking on this thread when I see it updated on the main forum page, because I have grown used to your artwork being of a very high calibur. I just haven't devoted enough time to looking through all of it yet.

Rainshadow

That's funny!  Though, when I went on your account, it showed a Lion King profile pic.  Perhaps you changed it before I was able to see it?  Eh, I dunno.  I still haven't figured that site out.  ;)
  And actually, my profile pic I made from a larger picture, I just edited it to make it JUST Adam Young.  I do that sort of thing.  Especially when the I AM shirt is involved.  ;)

Blazemane

Terribly sorry about this, but now I'm just really confused.

The first post of yours that I quoted (from May 20) shows a Lion King avatar. At least, that's what my computer shows me. So I thought you were saying that, at the time you had posted that, your profile picture on fanfiction.net was the Lion King avatar. And that really surprised me, because that is exactly my avatar.

I haven't changed mine at all since we started talking; it's been the Lion King avatar for years. I'm curious about how you'd found it.

(And I do see that your avatar on fanfiction.net is Osu's work now. I just, again, thought you were saying that it had been the same avatar as mine for a while.)

Am I still way off the mark here?

Rainshadow

Quote from: Blazemane on May 24, 2013, 06:43:28 PM
Terribly sorry about this, but now I'm just really confused.

The first post of yours that I quoted (from May 20) shows a Lion King avatar. At least, that's what my computer shows me. So I thought you were saying that, at the time you had posted that, your profile picture on fanfiction.net was the Lion King avatar. And that really surprised me, because that is exactly my avatar.

I haven't changed mine at all since we started talking; it's been the Lion King avatar for years. I'm curious about how you'd found it.

(And I do see that your avatar on fanfiction.net is Osu's work now. I just, again, thought you were saying that it had been the same avatar as mine for a while.)

Am I still way off the mark here?

You mean the art Osu did for Scorchkit?  Ooookkaaayyyy...  Yeah, Scorchkit is a Warriors fanmade character, and that art is the cover for my Warriors fanfic.  My actual avatar is this:

Um, lol, I'm slightly confused still, but did that sorta maybe clear it up?  (Sorry for being so off topic here!)

Blazemane

Osu, I've finally gone through all of the artwork on this thread, so now I get to say that you're really good at this.

Visual art is one of those things I'm hopeless at myself, so if my specific observations about artwork are unfounded... well, you're getting them anyways:

I like the variety of clothing you've managed to work with on the characters. I know that some of the people requesting the art tell you exactly what kind of clothes they want their character to wear, but there's still a great deal of creativity in that, too--you still find a way to make that clothing look unique. And often times, I think, you get the clothing to match really well with what the viewer can gather at a glance about the personality and/or lifestyle of the character (for a few examples--Sothen, Buckler and Salinar).

On that note, there is a lot of personality coming out of the characters, I think. Mask looks like he would be really friendly and modest--even with the straps of throwing knives he carries around! And I think that's what you were going for (I suppose I've put my foot in my mouth if you were trying something else. In which case, sorry).

This may sound backwards, but I think one of my favorite pieces of yours is the sketch of the Long Patrol hare you'd posted back in 2011. You've given him a really strong expression and stance. He looks like an experienced warrior--like the kind of character who would belong perfectly in the commanding ranks of the Long Patrol. I think it's a fantastic piece of work.

Anyways, all around, good job!

QuoteYou mean the art Osu did for Scorchkit?  Ooookkaaayyyy...  Yeah, Scorchkit is a Warriors fanmade character, and that art is the cover for my Warriors fanfic.

*Slaps forehead*

You're right. Scorchkit is only the cover for your fanfic. My mistake on that bit. But now that I've checked what your avatar actually is, the avatar that I'm seeing on your overall profile page is of the guy with the t-shirt (Adam Young?), not of Simba.

Now, I feel like maybe there's something really, really strange going on with my internet connection. Because in your very last post--the one I'm responding to--you've said "My actual avatar is this..." The picture you show me next is of Simba. Is that not what you're seeing when you post? Are you posting the Adam Young picture, and somehow my computer is mis-translating it to Simba? This is getting fascinating! Because if you're seeing Adam Young when you post, then... I mean, I'm imagining there being this hacker somewhere out there, laughing to his/herself. Truth be told, it would be rather funny.

Rainshadow

I GET IT!  I GET IT!  Okay, so I was posting the direct link to my avvy on Fanfiction, so I think it was changing it to YOUR avatar, since I'm guessing it would be the same sort of link.  This is my ACTUAL avatar (which I actually uploaded instead of using that link ;))

Yeah, I think that was what was wrong.  I was just using the link that shows the general avatar... maybe...  That's my guess.  ;)

Anyway, I think I've gone far enough off topic now.  Back on topic for me!

Osu

Quote from: Blazemane on May 24, 2013, 08:14:07 PM
Osu, I've finally gone through all of the artwork on this thread, so now I get to say that you're really good at this. [...] Anyways, all around, good job!

Aww, thank you!