News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Any good ideas

Started by Log a Log Grenn, June 11, 2011, 06:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trigoma

like i said in...i forgot wut thread it was lol but i wrote sumthing book/movie. it has the potential of both. but it would probly ruin veiws of redwall cause it has to do with a diff warrior rising tht is as good as martin was wich might srat arguments. so if i can find a twist to it i will keep it silent!
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Tiria Wildlough

I never had any clear idea of a story, but I did have one about these squirrel swordfighters called the Stormblades who get their fortress burned by vermin, and go for help to Salamandastron, only to find that it's uner attack. I haven't really made up my mind about the vermin, and I had a hard time thinking up names. ???
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Nightfire

I am currently writing a novel called "The Assassin Redeemed". It will most likely be finished in the next year or so. I'm still working out some kinks though. And I am writing a novella called "Cluny the Scourge's Sister: A Tale of Friendship." You can see it on the fanfic page.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Nightfire

Quote from: The Lady Shael on June 12, 2011, 03:35:22 PM
If you do end up writing it, you should post it on the Redwall Fanfiction Board.

The only story that I ever really worked on was called "If Rose Had Lived". It's around somewhere, unfinished.

An idea I had for a book was called "The Missing Saga", because I really really really wanted to know what happened between the books Salamandastron, and Redwall. I don't think we really know how many seasons time passed between those two books, it could've been one generation, or 20 generations.

[edit] Sorry, Salamandastron, not Outcast of Redwall, wow it's been a while.
I read that one about "If Rose had Lived"! I was surfing the web looking up random fanfics about redwall, and I happened across it. I thought it was really cool and suspensefull. You should keep writing it. 8)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Lily

@Lady Amber: The Assassin Redeemed sounds like an interesting read!

Also, instead of double posting you can just edit your last post to add any information you forgot to include.

Tiria Wildlough

I might write a story about Tammo's children one day...
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Osu

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on July 20, 2011, 04:33:28 AM
I would read it if you did!

Here's an idea, guys: Redwall conquers Salamandastron. How's that for weird, right? Plot twists! Intrigue! It'd never happen, but just think of it...!
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Osu on July 26, 2011, 12:23:59 AM
Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on July 20, 2011, 04:33:28 AM
I would read it if you did!

Here's an idea, guys: Redwall conquers Salamandastron. How's that for weird, right? Plot twists! Intrigue! It'd never happen, but just think of it...!

If some vermin conquered Redwall, an' then used it as a base to conquer Salamandastron; then it might be possible.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Osu

Possibly... or a scenario where Salamandastron would need to conquer Redwall, say, if it'd already been taken over and fortified by vermin. That'd be interesting, too!

Dawnwing

I was thinking of writing one about an otter who is the last of her Clan looking for revenge, kind of like Grath Longfletch in Pearls of Lutra, who gets to Redwall along the way, but I never really thought up a detailed plot.

Nightfire

Quote from: Lily on July 20, 2011, 02:18:35 AM
@Lady Amber: The Assassin Redeemed sounds like an interesting read!

Thanks! I don't know when it'll be finished though. It's not Redwall based, but it's cool. I'm still working out the kinks in the plot line though. Who knows? Unfortunately, unlike the late Mr. Jacques, I get writer's block every now and then. I'll try posting it when it's eventually done.

Folgrimeo

Book, no. Fanfiction, yes. Longest fanfiction I did was 30 pages (incidentally I wouldn't feel right posting it given all the death and destruction), longest original story I did was 50 pages (even though it was a mess).

Most of my ideas are either what-if scenarios (usually with time machines) or just killing off various characters to incite drama. Killing gets to be old after a while, so there's a few other ideas I've had in the past but never went through with:

- A raccoon going on his first date
- Two lifelong friends having one last meeting before one of them goes on a ferry and leaves forever
- Normal kid who sees himself and everyone else as anthro animals
- Sailor Squirrel and an evil llama

Osu

Sailor Squirrel and an evil llama? HAHAHAHAA! ;D ;D I WANT TO SEE THIS. SO, SO BAD.

You've just inspired me to write something like a hare on his first date. Or walk, whatever they called dates back then. Not that they existed. Sounds like it has the potential for a lot of laugh-out-loud moments... ;)

Folgrimeo

Well, Sailor Squirrel and a llama is not something I'm interested in writing. I was thinking about a Cromartie High School fanfiction as there's so little of it out there. So any ideas I mentioned are open for other people to explore and write about.

I'm under the impression these are ideas that people are either currently writing about or they're thinking over in their heads what would be interesting. This might be a good place to pick up writing ideas from. Good ideas are cheap. Actually following through and writing said stories is a different matter. Then again, there's thousands of Redwall fanfictions out there, so maybe a lot of ideas are being written into stories, who knows.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Zigh...juzt ztarted writin' the prologue fer me ztory today....zigh........
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.