Okay but really, eating THESE (
Spoiler
[close]
) on their own is just awesome.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: James Gryphon on May 09, 2017, 03:20:53 PM
Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on May 09, 2017, 01:45:58 PM
It's jam not jelly.
The label itself says "jelly". Who are you Aussies to argue with the people who make it about what it is? Besides, Smucker's sells another, separate product:

Note the word at the bottom.

did you call me an aussie you mong

ooh look at the label it's not like they're ever wrong in it
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Ashleg

THE PERSON WHO INVENTED SOMETHING CANNOT BE WRONG ABOUT WHAT THEIR OWN PRODUCT IS CALLED.

Quote from: Reputable Source Ashleg FoundJelly, jam and preserves are all made from fruit mixed with sugar and pectin. The difference between them comes in the form that the fruit takes. In jelly, the fruit comes in the form of fruit juice. In jam, the fruit comes in the form of fruit pulp or crushed fruit (and is less stiff than jelly as a result).

Ashleg

DOuble post who cares not me

This is a SCIENCE website explaining what Jello is.
http://www.livescience.com/42088-what-is-jello-jell-o.html

Jelly does not contain any animal parts.

The Skarzs

We are all quickly going out of our minds.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

321tumbler

Oh I believe that happened a long time ago.

Ashleg

Groddil

So... The stuff you call Jelly is just Jam without solid bits in it? That's strange. Never encountered jam that's just juice down here.

But what do you call "Jell-O" made by other companies, then? Jell-O is a trademark; other companies that make the stuff can't call it Jell-O.

The Skarzs

Gelatin, I guess. :P It's probably just as weird for us that you don't have our jelly as it is that your jelly is our fruit gelatin.

If you had said it in this way: "There was a jelly at the party" I would have understood what you meant. Odd. I knew it was referred to as a jelly, but I didn't think the word was explicit to that outside of the US.

This topic's focus has gone reeeaaaalllyy far off.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Quote from: Groddil on May 10, 2017, 01:45:57 AM
So... The stuff you call Jelly is just Jam without solid bits in it? That's strange. Never encountered jam that's just juice down here.

But what do you call "Jell-O" made by other companies, then? Jell-O is a trademark; other companies that make the stuff can't call it Jell-O.

It's just like calling a tissue a Kleenex.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Groddil

Okay, to summarize:

A fruit spread containing actual fruit is referred to as Jam, regardless of country.
Jam that only has the juice is referred to as Jelly in America, and N/A in Australia because I have never seen it. (and if it does, its probably just called 'fruit spread' Like how butter/margarine that doesn't contain animal fat/plant fat is just called 'dairy spread.')
Bouncy gelatinous desert is referred to as Jell-o or gelatin in America, and Jelly in Australia.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Ashleg on May 09, 2017, 04:43:34 PM
THE PERSON WHO INVENTED SOMETHING CANNOT BE WRONG ABOUT WHAT THEIR OWN PRODUCT IS CALLED.

Quote from: Reputable Source Ashleg FoundJelly, jam and preserves are all made from fruit mixed with sugar and pectin. The difference between them comes in the form that the fruit takes. In jelly, the fruit comes in the form of fruit juice. In jam, the fruit comes in the form of fruit pulp or crushed fruit (and is less stiff than jelly as a result).

they didn't invent jam though
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Skarzs

It's kind of hilarious yet very sad how petty this all was. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Amber

This is hilarious. A whole argument about jam and jelly, happening in a topic called "Siberian Bear Duel."

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.