News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Lock picking, farms, and other “totally related things” ;)

Started by Nadaz, voice of the host, April 26, 2018, 01:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nadaz, voice of the host

Who here picks locks for fun?
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Ashleg

The Skarzs

My friend's dad has to do it out of necessity sometimes. He works in an apartment building and tenants often lock themselves out.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

I think it would be really awesome to do extremely well. But I don't feel like making lock-picking a priority. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Russa Nodrey

Once I picked a really lame padlock using a bobby pin. I literally just stuck the pin in and turned it. ;D
Freddy

Cornflower MM

I have wanted to learn this skill for years, but I can't figure it out at all :P

Delthion

You need lockpicks, then tiny upward motions with one of them to get the pins. Then something after that...
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Cornflower MM

*Laughs* Very specific, thank you Del. XD

Jetthebinturong

Lockpicking is awesome and I'd love to be able to do it. I remember in middle school there were two guys who were basically celebrities because they could pick locks.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Grey Coincidence

You got to have a picker (dunno what it's called, it's like a needle, but has got some curves and stuff to it)  and then you have this other metal thing, kinda like a mini crowbar. You shove both into the lock then you keep moving the pin up and down while applying pressure onto the 'crowbar', then when all the pins are flattened the door will click open coz you've put pressure on it (via the mini-crowbar) it's not too difficult, and it's quite easy to pick a lock of a door if you know what the key looks like (that way you know where the pins are). There are of course variations, for example some doors have got two sets of pins (which means you shove in two pickers and the crowbar and repeat the procedure). Some doors you have to move the pin side by side rather than up and down. It's quite easy if you get some practice (transparent locks are good for this).
But sometimes, it's easier to just kick the door down XD
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Nadaz, voice of the host

Quote from: The Grey Coincidence on April 27, 2018, 01:25:24 PM
and then you have this other metal thing, kinda like a mini crowbar.

Its a tension wrench.
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

The Witessss

Quote from: The Grey Coincidence on April 27, 2018, 01:25:24 PM
You got to have a picker (dunno what it's called, it's like a needle, but has got some curves and stuff to it)  and then you have this other metal thing, kinda like a mini crowbar. You shove both into the lock then you keep moving the pin up and down while applying pressure onto the 'crowbar', then when all the pins are flattened the door will click open coz you've put pressure on it (via the mini-crowbar) it's not too difficult, and it's quite easy to pick a lock of a door if you know what the key looks like (that way you know where the pins are). There are of course variations, for example some doors have got two sets of pins (which means you shove in two pickers and the crowbar and repeat the procedure). Some doors you have to move the pin side by side rather than up and down. It's quite easy if you get some practice (transparent locks are good for this).
But sometimes, it's easier to just kick the door down XD

you seem to know a lot about this stuff...
the wwwiiiiiitttttttteeeeessssssss!

Tungro

My brother got a set a couple of years ago but there has been no real need for them yet...

The Grey Coincidence

Quote from: Tungro on February 12, 2019, 02:22:38 AM
My brother got a set a couple of years ago but there has been no real need for them yet...
Just wait till someone you know gets themselves locked out of their own house...
Quote from: The Witessss on February 12, 2019, 01:08:51 AM
you seem to know a lot about this stuff...
Eh, you'd be surprised how much stuff you pick up on a farm.
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Tungro

Quote from: The Grey Coincidence on February 12, 2019, 12:15:22 PM
Just wait till someone you know gets themselves locked out of their own house...
That usually happens to my Dad's tenants but we keep plenty of spare keys around...