Weird/Random/Interesting/Astonishing Things

Started by Tungro, March 01, 2019, 09:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tungro

Here you can put up pics or text or random things you find interesting or astonishing,

Spider vesus Opossum
Spoiler

Jetthebinturong

Couldn't you, like, put that in a spoiler?

That's gonna haunt my nightmares.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Tungro

Spoiler
Done
Spoiler
:laugh:
Spoiler
;D
Spoiler
;D
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

The Witessss

it looks like a mouse to me, not a possum.
the wwwiiiiiitttttttteeeeessssssss!

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Tungro

Quote from: The Witessss on March 01, 2019, 09:27:02 PM
it looks like a mouse to me, not a possum.
It is because the spider is so big

The Witessss

possums don't even live in places where spiders are that big. spiders like that would have to be in Brazil or Africa. and either that is a new-born possum or a mouse.

Tungro

Quote from: The Witessss on March 01, 2019, 09:30:57 PM
possums don't even live in places where spiders are that big. spiders like that would have to be in Brazil or Africa. and either that is a new-born possum or a mouse.
The article provided says that is is a tarantula (that lives in the amazon) who killed a possum (who also lived in the amazon, though it is probably a baby)

Cornflower MM

"Every interaction was brutal (in its own way), but none was perhaps as vicious as the late-night slaughter of a mouse opossum by a tarantula (theraphosid spider).

"The spider was on the ground in the leaf litter holding the opossum by the neck region," the researchers described in their paper, noting that the opossum — roughly the size of a softball — was still alive when they spotted the pair.

Upon reviewing footage of the rare occurrence, Robert Voss, a mammologist at the American Museum of Natural History confirmed that it appeared to be the first-ever documentation of "a large mygalomorph spider [tarantula] preying upon opossums," National Geographic reports."

^From the article Tungro linked.

The Witessss

that clears things up. we had one at my house eating our rotton pumpkins that was HUGE. like 2ft tall and a foot wide. ridiculously huge.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Sebias of Redwall

"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Witessss

Quote from: The Skarzs on March 01, 2019, 10:57:26 PM
A opossum, not a spider, right? ;D

the possum. my mom goes insane if she sees a daddy-longleg approaching her, let alone having a huge spider on the property

though we did find a black widow on our front porch once...