News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

An Ocean's Call OOC and Sign-up

Started by Delthion, April 10, 2019, 05:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

A badger lord by the name of Dunstan Redstripe has recently taken a great interest in having the Western Sea explored to its furthest limits. He has taken such an interest in this that he has built a small ship and hired a motley crew of beasts. They comprise mostly of creatures that once wandered with river rats and the like, squirrels, mice, otters. Together they appeared to be quite an interesting group, with every individual being just that, with no uniform to unite them. Yet this ragtag group did have one thing in common: To find new land beyond the Western Sea.

Hello you lot! It's been a long time since I ventured into the more creative side of Redwall, but I thought I might see if I could actually finish a roleplay this time! ;D

It's a fairly self-explanatory role-play I think. But we ideally will need creatures filling specific roles:
Lieutenant
Midshipman
Master Carpenter
Able-bodied seabeast
Surgeon
Cook

Answers are readily available upon request if the roles are at all confusing.

Template
Name:
Role:
History:
[close]

My Character
Name: (Just call me Ishmael. ;D) Barry (pronounced like bar) Beach
Race: Mouse
Appearance: A little worse for the wear, grey fur with a few patches missing here and there. Wears a brightly colored red-blue cap, a few holes in his ears were earrings were at one time.
Role: Master and Commander (Captain)
History: A gang of pirates discovered him when they were beached on a sandbar. He was unconscious and half dead on the shore. But still they dragged him on board and made him join their band, as he had no memory he was quite willing to do so and set to helping them pillage the surrounding woodland. It was not until a disastrous raid on a village deep in Mossflower that he was separated from the band by a hawk that had grown friendly with the creatures of that village. He then tried to fashion out a life on his own as best he could, building a small hut on the river's edge, he fished for his meals. When word reached him of Redstripe's planned expedition, he set out as fast as he could for Salamandastron.
[close]
Tungro's Character
Name: Cayden
Race: Otter
Appearance: Shorter than the average otter. Wears a simple green tunic but he does own a battered bit of light armor. His weapons consist of a rusted short sword and javelins.
Role: Able-bodied seabeast
History: He was the runt of the holt and he ran away at an early age. He met and lived with a water vole who often had him 'barrow' from the neighbors. He was ambushed by water rats and he was badly beaten and the vole was killed. Cayden escaped using the dead water vole's skiff. He then became a wanderer until he came upon Salamandastron and signed up for the voyage.
[close]
Ouroboros' Characters
Name: Thorne
Race: Shrew
Appearance: Lanky and dishevelled from a long relationship with rum. Fur has a rusted tinge from a life on the open ocean. Wields no fancy weapon or armour; a bandolier of throwable knives is enough to keep enemies at bay.
Role: Surgeon
History: Little is known of the history of the mysterious Thorne, a shrew widely regarded as one of the best doctors on the sea. Numerous theories abound in searat camps and taverns scattered throughout the western shore and its many nearby islands, from mundane to extravagant. Some argue Thorne's rough age (estimated to be 35-40) could place him at the site of an infamous Guosim massacre, which would explain his solitary nature. Others think he was born on corsair vessel and has never once seen land, drifting from ship to ship in search of a missing father. Another group believes the theorising of drunkards to be pointless, as even Thorne has likely forgotten his true origins after a lifetime of drunken debauchery. All of these theories may be true, or none. Only two facts are agreed upon; Thorne is a magnificent surgeon despite his alcoholism, and he isn't keen on sharing facts about his past. His most recent job complete, Thorne was found in a small bankvole community near Salamandastron by a Long Patrol Lieutenant, drinking his life away, and was convinced to join Redstripe's expedition in exchange for two things; a royal pardon for a decade of serving on pirate vessels, and an almost unlimited supply of rum.

Name: Montgomery "Monty" Hereford IV
Race: Hare
Appearance: Average build. Wears a well-embroidered uniform of green and gold, with a suspicious lack of awards despite its quality. Armed with a rapier and buckler, both of which lack any form of battle damage.
Role: Midshipman
History: Montgomery Hereford is a fresh recruit to the ranks of the Long Patrol. Due to his mother's high stature, Monty 4 was given a junior officer's position, though the young hare has yet to see combat. Believing the lands surrounding Salamandastron to be tamed, Hereford volunteered for Redstripe's oceanic expedition in the hopes of returning home some day with enough victories under his belt to prove worthy of his family name.
[close]
Dan's Character
Name: Argus Butch

Race: Badger

Appearance: A fairly average badger of few outstanding features. His fur is a motley mess of the average whites, grays, and blacks of his species, with a bit more white than normal, and has dull, green eyes. As is common among his kind, he is a rather imposing figure, being taller, broader, and more solidly built in comparison to his compatriots. He wears a rose red, sleeveless tunic over a a pair of dark brown britches, commonly topped by an apron... or at least the lower half of the apron. He also possesses a darker gray cloak for inclement weather, as well as a pollen yellow bandanna which he is often wearing on his head around cooking times, or around his neck during any other time. He has a plethora of assorted burns and cuts from his elbows to his hands, but nothing of special note.

Role: Cook

History: Argus was a cook for Lord Dunstan, never having felt the call to warriorhood, much less Lordship. He'd felt far more at home in the kitchen than anywhere else, and was far better equipped to defend his dishes from the voracious hares of the Long Patrol than any other occupant of the mess hall. It did not take particularly long for him to become the unofficial head cook, being a badger and all. Despite the lack of a title or other, proper recognition, Butch felt the responsibility as a duty he had to uphold, maturing and learning much faster than before, be it a new meal, learning to teach, or dealing with consumer mischief. As the years passed, thievery from the kitchen or the stock almost ceased entirely, partially due to the badgers' generous portions, somewhat out of respect, and definitely as a result of the consequences that unavoidably followed those who attempted any form of stealing within Argus's, "domain." Despite his peaceful, gentle nature, he was still a badger, and though he never found himself in a fight, the hares who strayed from dining regulation never did so more than once (to the point that it almost became a rite of passage for those that sought the Patrol).

Argus enjoyed much of his duty, however, adventure calls those whom it wants, not exclusively the willing. He requested to be assigned to the Fortuitous, and was granted the request, albeit begrudgingly. Now he finds himself facing the ocean and every horror and excitement it possess. Though this prospect does not necessarily excite him, he also can no longer fathom the idea of staying behind. Such is the way of fate, be she cruel or kind.
[close]

Ship:
Name: The Fortuitous
Type: Brigantine
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Dannflower Reguba

Interdasting, might I lay claim to the cook? I currently lack the time necessary to construct a character, but I'm sure I can get one pieced together before you begin.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Tungro

Name: Cayden
Race: Otter
Appearance: Shorter than the average otter. Wears a simple green tunic but he does own a battered bit of light armor. His weapons consist of a rusted short sword and javelins.
Role: Able-bodied seabeast
History: He was the runt of the holt and he ran away at an early age. He met and lived with a water vole who often had him 'barrow' from the neighbors. He was ambushed by water rats and he was badly beaten and the vole was killed. Cayden escaped using the dead water vole's skiff. He then became a wanderer until he came upon Salamandastron and signed up for the voyage.

Delthion

Quote from: danflorreguba on April 10, 2019, 06:10:23 AM
       Interdasting, might I lay claim to the cook? I currently lack the time necessary to construct a character, but I'm sure I can get one pieced together before you begin.

Yep! That'd be fine!

And Tungro you are accepted.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Ouroboros

Jeez it's been ages since I've ever done this. I'll throw in a claim on the surgeon and get a form filled out tomorrow.

Delthion

Cool! Looking forward to the character!

Cornflower MM

OOOOOOOOHHHH I LOVE SHIP RPS! I have no time to fill out a sheet right now, but is it okay if I play the carpenter?

Delthion

Ouroboros

Name: Thorne
Race: Shrew
Appearance: Lanky and dishevelled from a long relationship with rum. Fur has a rusted tinge from a life on the open ocean. Wields no fancy weapon or armour; a bandolier of throwable knives is enough to keep enemies at bay.
Role: Surgeon
History: Little is known of the history of the mysterious Thorne, a shrew widely regarded as one of the best doctors on the sea. Numerous theories abound in searat camps and taverns scattered throughout the western shore and its many nearby islands, from mundane to extravagant. Some argue Thorne's rough age (estimated to be 35-40) could place him at the site of an infamous Guosim massacre, which would explain his solitary nature. Others think he was born on corsair vessel and has never once seen land, drifting from ship to ship in search of a missing father. Another group believes the theorising of drunkards to be pointless, as even Thorne has likely forgotten his true origins after a lifetime of drunken debauchery. All of these theories may be true, or none. Only two facts are agreed upon; Thorne is a magnificent surgeon despite his alcoholism, and he isn't keen on sharing facts about his past. His most recent job complete, Thorne was found in a small bankvole community near Salamandastron by a Long Patrol Lieutenant, drinking his life away, and was convinced to join Redstripe's expedition in exchange for two things; a royal pardon for a decade of serving on pirate vessels, and an almost unlimited supply of rum.

Delthion

Really filling the stereotypical surgeon's role aren't ya? ;D Accepted!

Ouroboros

Ouroboros

Double-post, but figured I'd make a 2nd if that's alright with you? Maybe a Midshipman?

Delthion

Ouroboros

Ouroboros

Name: Montgomery "Monty" Hereford IV
Race: Hare
Appearance: Average build. Wears a well-embroidered uniform of green and gold, with a suspicious lack of awards despite its quality. Armed with a rapier and buckler, both of which lack any form of battle damage.
Role: Midshipman
History: Montgomery Hereford is a fresh recruit to the ranks of the Long Patrol. Due to his mother's high stature, Monty 4 was given a junior officer's position, though the young hare has yet to see combat. Believing the lands surrounding Salamandastron to be tamed, Hereford volunteered for Redstripe's oceanic expedition in the hopes of returning home some day with enough victories under his belt to prove worthy of his family name.