News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Black Friday

Started by Matthias720, November 23, 2011, 02:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

In the USA, we have a pseudo-holiday the day after Thanksgiving called Black Friday. It's traditionally considered the first day of the Christmas holiday season. Anyone from here in the USA doing anything for Black Friday? And to anyone outside the USA: are Americans crazy for doing this (I am one, and I still think so)?

Lutra

I sleep in.  :D Black Friday is a waste of my time and I just get anything I need at a later date.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Icefire

Black Friday is crazy!!!
But, yeah, my family hits the stores. Usually we only go to look for good deals on new games (we LOVE playing games) and socks......yes, socks. That's usually when we stock up for the year on socks! :D We do the rest of our christmas shopping on less hectic days.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Trigoma

i tried waking up for it once. it was like raising the dead. i gave up. but my family is coming over so we can just chill at my house.
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Plugg Firetail

Did it last year with my mom. One helpful hint:don't go at 2:00 a.m

Lutra

2am is too late in most cases.  All the ads say something like 10pm Thanksgiving night.  ::) ::)  People buying bunches of things they either don't need, or weren't going to buy in the first place.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Nightfire

I'm doing something! Cowering inside my house until Black Friday is over......it's scary how mean people get on that day.

But the animal shelter I work at his having a Black Cat Friday Special, where you can adopt a black cat for half-price. ;D
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Icefire

To everyone braving the stores today: Good Luck!
To everyone who has already braved the stores: Congratulations! Let me point you to the nearest coffee shop...
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Nightfire

I need coffee!!! *Nightfire scrambles away from the computer to raid the coffeepot*

My cousin actually went to the stores just to watch people shoving their way towards the toy aisle. :D
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Tiria Wildlough

Wow. :o Black Friday sounds evil.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Plugg Firetail

It is. I heard like 11 people got hurt today.

Tiria Wildlough

Oh. My. Gosh. :o :o :o
I can't believe people will stoop that low just for stuff.
I'm not a hipster.

Plugg Firetail

Yeah they have no security, and people cause a stampede to get in. So sad, a worker at Wal-mart died last year by being ran over with shoppers...

Tiria Wildlough

What an awful way to go. :(
I'm not a hipster.

Plugg Firetail

Cyber monday is much safer. And it has better deals.