News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Gloomy Basement

Started by Verdauga, January 03, 2020, 10:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verdauga

Hectaville was a dangerous place....you could get killed....squished....eaten. There were too many loose cannons in this town, too. The mob, led by that Ant'ony Galleto. The crime syndicate, the mafia, the commie district, and even that haunted mansion where you could swear there were always movies playing...Couldn't be trusted, none of it. Didn't help that the sheriff was rogue and the marshal was outta town... I was chomping down on my cigar(unlit--smoking is bad for you, kids! :)) when they walked in, setting off the bell. I stood up, adjusted my emerald tie pin, straightened my tie, and smoothed out my suit. I stood by the second door, locked for my safety, and stuck my mitts in my pockets; one had the keys, the other my snubnose.

"Whatcha want stranger? Questions answered, questions asked...? Perhaps you got something to get off your chest...?"
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

The Shadow of Korriban

I want to know what happened to Dora Lightfoot. She said she was going on a few errands for her mother overseas. She wanted me to watch her cat for three months. In return she would pay me a large sum of four dollars.

She was supposed to be back three days ago...
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Verdauga

Alright, just a second.
*Unlocks the door.*
Siddown and tell me everything you know. Last time you saw here, last known location, that kinda thing.
*Takes out pen and notepad.*

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

The Shadow of Korriban

I last heard from her 63 days ago. Her last known location was Germany. She's 5/6'. She weighs roughly 186 lbs. She has a few friends. She's afraid of plush toys. She's missing...
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Verdauga

November First....Germany.......Five-six, One-eighty-five.... What about hair/fur color? Eyes? Characteristic quirks? Defining features?

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Verdauga on January 03, 2020, 10:05:11 PM
Hectaville was a dangerous place....you could get killed....squished....eaten. There were too many loose cannons in this town, too. The mob, led by that Ant'ony Galleto. The crime syndicate, the mafia, the commie district, and even that haunted mansion where you could swear there were always movies playing...Couldn't be trusted, none of it. Didn't help that the sheriff was rogue and the marshal was outta town...
What? No mention of the Court House. I'm offended ;D ;)

*Knocks on the door* Excuse me? Is this the Greeneye's investigation headquarters?
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

Yep. If I'm not here, you can find me at the diner. Nice place, if I do say so myself. Whatcha need?

Sebias of Redwall

Well, there has been this fellow running about the Cellars, asking questions about a certain person. I have reason to believe that he is a spy for the Dark Side. Whatever you do, don't tell him anything if he starts to ask questions...
*Peers past Verdauga's shoulder* Oh. What do you know. There he is!

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

Now, I think I might finally be able to get to the bottom of this... come in.
*Unlocks and opens the door.*

Sebias of Redwall

*Walks in slowly* Nice place. Did you build it yourself?

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

Nah, just renovated it; put in the selflocking, selfclosing doors, fixed the roof, put in the file cabinets..
Sit down, tell me what's troublin' ya.

The Shadow of Korriban

Hush now, Seb.  Dora is a classy chick. there's chatter spreading through Hectaville. Folks say she had something to do with the wildcat's crime syndicate. If that's so... She may have displeased the family.

Verdauga

Ohhhhh, the crime syndicate, hm? I think I'll head over there soon.

You two're gonna hafta leave. I don't fancy having folks in my office without me, see. Unless....Seb, you got anything to add...?

The Shadow of Korriban

*Sheev returns some time later*  Well, have you cracked the case?

Verdauga

*The doors are locked, and the building is empty.*