THERE'S A NEW BOSS IN TOWN

Started by Boss Hayes, March 15, 2020, 06:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boss Hayes

Alright y'all, listen up now! I'm only gonna say this once. My name's Hayes, an' I'm the new boss in these parts. Now, I un'erstand that you lot 've gotten used to a certain, ah, administration runnin' the joint. An' I ain't one to point fingers, but those podges had gotten' fat off the land. Frankly, I think you'll like having me 'round a lot better.

So what happens now? I'll tell ye what, not the same-ole-same-ole. That much's fer sure. This here is a new beginning for the forum, and to hellgates with the old 'un! From now on, you'll post in boards I say you can post in. You do it when I want, an' how I want. It's time we get a reeeaal boss in town - an' I'm that boss!

Your First Decision

You as members of the community will play roles in this final story. You are faced with a choice of either freeing the member boards one-by-one through problem solving, or taking a seat under Boss Hayes' new rule.

A shudder forms up your spine and a guiding voice, silently and seemingly from nowhere, whispers to each of you: Boss Hayes mentioned a new beginning for the forum. It's obvious he's trying to wipe away the old forum as it was. So ask yourself: where was the very beginning of the forum? It's got to be somewhere in the boards we have access to... Maybe look there?
[close]
There's a new boss in town! Yee-haw!!!

Verdauga

*Is mildly confused about how we would like him better.*
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Boss Hayes

Quote from: Verdauga on March 15, 2020, 06:10:58 PM
*Is mildly confused about how we would like him better.*

What's this face now? Ye dumb, lad? Ain't ever seen real authority, have ye?

Fine then, from now on, I'm callin' ye dumbo. Ye like that, Dumbo?

Verdauga

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Cornflower MM

*Grabs popcorn* Oh this is gonna be good.

Boss Hayes

Think yer a clever lot fer findin' the key to the cellars? I wanted that to happen. Post in there all ye want - I'm a reasonable Snake!

But don't yew go wanderin' off elsewhere, ye hear!

where the first key was

@Booklover found the first key at the very beginning of the forum

We're searching for key #2 now!
[close]

Verdauga

Booklover

How long does this event last for?

Disgraced Mod's edit: Whether you guys win or lose the event, it will be over by mid-week.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Boss Hayes

Quote from: 'Dumbo' (according to Boss Hayes) on March 15, 2020, 06:43:03 PM
Where's anywhere else?
Don't play smart with me, Dumbo! I'll have yer guts fer garters!

Quote from: Booklover on March 15, 2020, 06:49:39 PM
How long does this event last for?
An' yew! I know you ain't dumb as Dumbo over there, so why yew askin' questions like this, huh? Well I tell ye what, this rule ain't something that 'll be over by mid-week. Ho-oh no! I'm here t' stay!

where the second key was

@Booklover found the First mention of death-defying beavers

We're searching for key #3 now!
[close]

lass of something much

is this a joke?....if not, I'm worried for the forum...

Disgraced Mod's edit: this is a forum event - feel free to play along!
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Verdauga

Y-y-you don't want my guts! They're delicate!

Cornflower MM

It makes me sad that I'm being called away from the computer. Happy hunting, y'all! I'll catch up with you as soon as I return!

Verdauga

Boss Hayes

Quote from: Cornflower MM on March 15, 2020, 07:21:20 PM
It makes me sad that I'm being called away from the computer. Happy hunting, y'all! I'll catch up with you as soon as I return!
SCRAM!

Quote from: lass of something much on March 15, 2020, 07:04:16 PM
is this a joke?....if not, I'm worried for the forum...
Heh, heh, don't be worried, lass. I run a tight operation; you can expect no nonsense from now on. The forum's never been in a better set o' scales than this!

where the third key was

@Cornflower MM found the third key Deep in the 'other works' board (scroll down a bit)

We're searching for key #4 now!
[close]

Booklover

There's plenty of sense in nonsense sometimes, if you wish to look for it.

Ah, seems I was a bit late for the third key. Had to eat dinner first, and only got away by saying I'd do some maths practice (which, in fairness, I did do, eventually). Don't know whether I'll be on tomorrow or Tuesday, and if so, it won't be for long.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.