News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Warhammer Total War

Started by Thanquol, May 26, 2020, 04:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thanquol

Does anyone here play it? I haven't really played it for a while, but I recently got back into it after the Orcs and Goblins update came out with the Grom the Paunch dlc.

Verdauga

Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Kolman

yo @Thanquol
Skaven name right? I'm doing a Imrik campaign right now after that I'll probably do a Skarsnik campaign
For those we cherish we die in glory.

Thanquol

Quote from: Kolman on May 27, 2020, 03:16:13 PM
yo @Thanquol
Skaven name right? I'm doing a Imrik campaign right now after that I'll probably do a Skarsnik campaign
Yep! It's the name of Gotrek and Felix's archenemy, who is most likely going to show up in game 3.

I've been hearing that Imrik is pretty fun. As for Skarsnik, his campaign has to be the hardest in the game.

Sebias of Redwall

I haven't played. I think I've heard of it, though.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Thanquol

Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on May 27, 2020, 06:17:04 PM
I haven't played. I think I've heard of it, though.

Both of the games are pretty good, especially the second one. One of the only real problems with it is that you have to own both games to play the Mortal Empires campaign.

Sebias of Redwall

Ah. Gotcha. Is it a video or table top game, btw?
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Thanquol

Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on May 27, 2020, 06:33:38 PM
Ah. Gotcha. Is it a video or table top game, btw?
It's a video game adaption of the tabletop Warhammer Fantasy.

Kolman

so to update Imrik is very fun, especially getting elite dragons as regiments of renown. the problem is you have to fight a war on two fronts and be very proactive with it, however I eliminated deathmaster sniktch by turn 11 so Imrik can basically ambush any lord on his dragon now which I find hilarious. and yes Skarsnik is the hardest campaign in the game. but the overhaul to the greenskins have made things more bearable.

Thanquol

Recently, I did pretty good as Skarsnik. The campaign was tough and required many do-overs, but I finally managed to beat Belegar and retake Karak Eight Peaks. The way to win as Skarsnik is just remain in your starting area and farm rebel armies for scrap and money. Well, that and getting some River Troll Hags.

Now CA just needs to fix Warriors of Chaos and Beast men, though I'm fairly certain we're going to have to wait for 3 to come out, given that Chaos is a pretty big part of it.

Kolman

sounds reasonable when I played I spammed night goblins and nasty Skulkers to compete with the dwarves.

Thanquol

The new troll units are helpful, too. They have better leadership than the normal ones, and they each have some pretty good abilities. River trolls can debuff enemies and fight better in water, while the stone ones are tougher and have some magic resistance. And the river troll hag has to be the best caster unit in the game.

Kolman

the Greenskins have needed a good caster for quite some time, now the Dwarfs need a little adjustment.

Thanquol

Luckily, the next dlc it going to fix. I've seen some people say its going to be Dwarf vs Skaven, with Throt being the Skaven Lord, though I don't really think that's the case. I expect the next dlc to be Dwarf vs Vampire Counts, with Clan Moulder being a pre-order bonus for 3 since they have their own army roster.

Tungro

I play historical based total war titles, but not warhammer. iirc there was a tw thread around here somewhere