News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Halo Thread

Started by Scott McLamok, July 28, 2020, 02:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott McLamok

With Halo Infinite coming out! I though this game franchise deserves a thread!
"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

Kade Rivok

Yeah, I'm pretty psyched.  The gameplay trailer that came out looks pretty cool, and I'm glad that this is gonna be a sort of spiritual reboot of the series.  I wasn't all that impressed with 4 and 5, though 5 did have some cool stuff in it.  I never liked what they did with the Forerunners and Prometheans though.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Scott McLamok

Yeah! I wonder if you could kill the wildlife.

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

Kade Rivok

Depends on if the wildlife is just decoration birds, or actual animals running around.  There was some wildlife in Reach that you could end.  And some that could end you.  :laugh:
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Gonff the Mousethief

I've had the Master Chief collection for years and only used it to play multiplayer with my brother back in the day. However, about a month ago I started the campaigns and I'm not about half-way through 2 and, well, I can see the reason people like them. Halo 1 was a bit "eh" in most spots but 2, especially with the new cutscenes and such, is an improvement. I've heard 3 is amazing so I'm really trying to grind towards that.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Scott McLamok

Quote from: Kade Rivok on July 28, 2020, 07:15:22 PM
Depends on if the wildlife is just decoration birds, or actual animals running around.  There was some wildlife in Reach that you could end.  And some that could end you.  :laugh:
Lol!

This is the Way.

Kade Rivok

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on July 28, 2020, 07:16:20 PM
I've had the Master Chief collection for years and only used it to play multiplayer with my brother back in the day. However, about a month ago I started the campaigns and I'm not about half-way through 2 and, well, I can see the reason people like them. Halo 1 was a bit "eh" in most spots but 2, especially with the new cutscenes and such, is an improvement. I've heard 3 is amazing so I'm really trying to grind towards that.

Halo 1 is good, but if you were playing with the remastered graphics, they get a bit... weird at times.  Also, that game is fairly old, after all, and paved the way for modern 3D FPS's.  But, since it was paving they way, they hadn't worked everything out yet  :laugh:

Halo 2 is great though, and is my favorite out of them all.  If you feel like doing some co-op on them some time, let me know.  I'm always down for Halo when I have the time.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Kade Rivok

*Bump*

So, what are folks thoughts on Halo Infinite?
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Scott McLamok

It looks cool....They pushed it back tho...

This is the Way.

The Skarzs

I hope it turns out well. I love that they brought back the old armor for Master Chief.
I liked 4 and 5 enough, but not as much as the first ones. Hoping 343 gets their act together and listen to what the fans want.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Kade Rivok

Yeah, I'm happy with the return of the real Mark VI Mjolnir armor as well.

4 and 5 had their merits, but I honestly wasn't a big fan of all the Forerunner stuff.  They should've left them as a mysterious thing that we'd only get fragments of information about.  Also, there wasn't nearly enough of the Chief in 5.  Like... really.  The only good thing about Locke's team chasing Blue team was that Bucky got to become a Spartan  ;D

Halo Infinite being a spiritual reboot is a good thing, and I really hope they don't go off the deep end with it.

Also, Skarzs, I thought you said you weren't a gamer?
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Scott McLamok

Yea Buck is such an awesome character!

This is the Way.

The Skarzs

I feel like they've been pushing the Forerunner stuff, what with the books and terminals and all that.

Quote from: Kade Rivok on September 29, 2020, 03:19:17 AM
Also, Skarzs, I thought you said you weren't a gamer?
I'm not. I just used to play Halo a lot when I was a kid.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Kade Rivok

New footage and info for Halo Infinite dropped yesterday.  I'm really hoping they don't screw up the story they way 4 and 5 did.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!