News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Do you think that the animated series is for little kids??

Started by Driffle, December 17, 2011, 04:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisteria Wild Cat

Hm.... To put my age or not... I do not wanna get STALKED. Anyways... I love 'em! Right now I'm looking for an animation program. *Hint hint*  I could easily live in Redwall. Well, except for the 'no violence at all' thing.... What? DON'T JUDGE MEH!
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

Bluefire

I don't care if the show is for little kids, cause I'll keep watching it! ;D

Dannflor

Quote from: Lutra on April 18, 2012, 01:00:53 AM
Age matters not when you watch the series, dannflor.  You can be 7, 17, 77....its still a magical treat into the realm of Brian Jacques, despite its shortcomings. :)

He has not watched it he has only read about the whole series
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Ungatt Trunn

As Tiria Wildlough said, it dosn't depend on how old the children are, but how mature they are. They would have to understand the reall meaning of death to truly understand. This is how I see it: you can determine if certein movies with death in them are okay for children by there understanding of death.

Life is too short to rush through it.

AbbotAlf0805

I think that its a clean way to show Redwall on the big screen.
I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

Redwallfan7

This is kind of off topic, but I think if Redwall was in the comedy genre, it'd be a little like The Suite Life of Zack and Cody. I can picture the intro showing the characters in the abbey rooms like the intro does with the hotel.

To get back on topic, I recommend the show for ages ten and up
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Capn Greypatch

Absolutely not! Even though it was probably made for a younger audience, I have some friends who miss the show, and I remember watching it as an early teenager...
Also, don't forget, the Redwall series are technically 'children's books', right? Yet many adults, such as myself, love the wonderful word Brian Jacques has created. :)
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing". - George Bernard Shaw

AbbotPlumble

I think it is made for all fans, young and old.  Redwall is ageless. :)

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwallfan7

Leatho Shellhound

The Redwall TV series is not just for kids, I think that teens watch it the most and any redwall fan.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Redwallfan7

Ungatt Trunn

If I made the movies of some of the Redwall books, I'd include all of the violence thats in the books. For example: Of the movie of Martin the Warrior, I'd keep the scene where that Ferret (was it a ferret?) gets a javlin in his mouth. I'd just rate the movie PG for violence. The real movie of Martin the Warrior is rated PG (at least in some places) for showing some of the charactors get hit with arrows and other wepons. But it dosn't contain half the violence thats in the book.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Lutra

Some people can only stomach so much blood 'n' gore.  Would you repeatedly be able to watch scenes such as that ferret with a javelin protruding from his mouth, blood spurting everywhere?  :-\ 
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra