What language(s) are you learning/can speak?

Started by Muse, January 23, 2012, 09:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

I speak Italian, English, German, Spanish, French, and some Gaelic.
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

redwallgurl

not as many as you only english and dutch
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Nightfire

English, Brazilian Portugese, Latin, Pig-Latin ;D, and a bit of German. I also speak fluent Rattese.  :D
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Muse

Wow Portuguese? Cool. Latin's next for me....
By Muse

Taggerung_of_Redwall

English, some Spanish (formally learning), and some D'ni (fictional languages count, right?), and I am studying Latin.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Nightfire

So far, every single homeschooler I've ever met always learns Latin at some point in their life. It's kinda funny. :)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Bragoon

You just met one who hasn't, Nightfire.  :P

I know English well, traces of Arabic, Spanish, and German, and I'm studying Russian. 
Also, I intend to study Linguistics in college so I can learn other languages.  My goal is to be fluent in Russian, English (check), and Chinese. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Muse

Spanish and German fantastic. Gaelic rrreeeeeaaaallllyyyy hard.
By Muse

Bragoon

I'm about 1/4 Irish (my dad's mother comes from a through-and-through Irish family), and my dad's sister speaks Gaelic very well. 
From what I've seen of it, it's such a mess when it comes to pronunciations, since it has the same and similar letters to English, but with different pronunciations for different combinations.  Russian has a little of that, but I'm getting the hang of it. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Lily

I speak English (kinda... the quality has definitely degraded since I've lived overseas :P) and I would call my Japanese... adequate. I can understand a lot more than I can speak.

I studied French in primary school, so I can't remember any. I studied German for four years at high school, and I also can't remember any of that. I also studied Chinese outside school, but guess what? That's all gone too. What a waste! I also studied Latin for six months at school, but I don't count that at all. I often think that having a working memory would be really nice. ;) Languages are like that, though. If you don't use them every day you forget so easily.

rakkety tam

english and bad english ;D   oh and dont forget hillbilly english and i understand twi'lek but i cant speak it
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Skipper

English andim currently learning French, though im happy to just know English

DanielofRedwall

English. My second language is Bahasa Indonesia. I also speak a bit of French and Mandarin. And, if fictional languages count, Lapine (Watership Down) and Ga'Hoolian (Guardians of Ga'Hoole). Also, I speak fluent Pig Latin. ;)
Received mostly negative reviews.

Tiria Wildlough

I can speak English, Khmer, Spanish, and I'm learning Latin. I don't aim to speak and read it fluently though, just so I can know etymology and stuff like that. :D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwall Musician

I only speak American. Seriously though, I speak English. I can say a few phrases in Spanish, and in Latin. Most of my Spanish I have just picked up over the years, from TV shows, my relations speaking it, and my own reading of it. Latin I'm learning in school. I also speak my own language, which I really just made so I could say mean things without people knowing. And I understand the gibberish toddlers speak.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."