News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Daylight Savings Time

Started by Bragoon, March 10, 2012, 09:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bragoon

For those of us in the U.S.A. (or rather most states of the U.S.A.), tomorrow is the day we switch our clocks for Daylight Savings Time. 

Remember, Spring Forward, Fall Back, so your clocks go forwards an hour, and you lose an hour of sleep! 

"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Icefire

Ug....so instead of 5am, it's gonna feel like 4am?
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Lutra

Actually its the reverse....you might sleep in!  :o
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Bragoon

Yep.  Jetlag, without the jet. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Taggerung_of_Redwall

DST is observed in more than the US. Most of N. America, most of Europe, and some places on every continent, actually.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Bragoon

DanielofRedwall

In Australia, New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia and the ACT started Daylight Savings on the 2nd of October 2011 and end it on the 1st of April 2012. Western Australia, Queensland and the Northern Territory don't observe it, although WA did trial it for a bit, but we voted against it.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Matthias720

Woke up this morning at 7AM; it felt like 6AM. >_<

On the plus side, I have the day off tomorrow. I can sleep in!

Trigoma

God i hate this day -_-. And its on a sunday...god it was hard getting up for church today xD
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Lily

Japan doesn't do Daylight Savings Time. ;D And even though the Japanese archipelago techincally spans two time zones, the whole country uses the same time. It's nice and easy.

Icefire

Quote from: Lutra on March 10, 2012, 10:24:48 PM
Actually its the reverse....you might sleep in!  :o
Yeah, that's what I meant actually. I just said it wrong. :P

Dotti

I wish we could always just go off of DST, and never go back on (rather impractical, I'll admit)....the plus side is that this year it coincides with my spring break...but still, I always hate it being later than I thought it was.  >:(
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Icefire

So, I managed to get up at a good time yesterday and then made up for it by sleeping in 'til 8!  :P I'll figure this out eventually...

redwallgurl

mergh i had to wake up at 5:45 in the morning so it now feels like 4:45 mergh its so early! i need more sugar in the morning
Fun. is a fantastic band.