Main Menu

Lord of the Rings

Started by Primrosewarrior, March 30, 2012, 09:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

I read the Hobbit which is why I'm so fired up for the movie :P
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Bragoon

You can be a fan of The Lord of the Rings movies and still say you're a fan of the series.  There's a difference, to be sure, but you can still be a fan of the series.  For instance, I'm a true Redwall fan but I don't like the TV series (much). 

The Lord of the Rings movie series is it's own beast, considering all the merchandising and fanbase that branches off from it. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Nightfire

I'm a fan of the movies and the books. The books are my favorite, because they have Tom Bombadil in them.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Dannflower Reguba

I read the Hobbit and it was awesome!

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Icefire

It is possible to be a fan of the movies and still say you're a fan of the series, but you're missing out. They totally make Aragorn less awesome in the movies for one thing. Too many elves died in the movies. Arwen.  :P That's all I'm going to say about that. And no Tom Bombadill! That's got to be the worst strike against the movie.

Good job, Danflorreguba!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Dannflower Reguba

Bragoon

I agree, they did make him less awesome in the movies, but I think they actually did that on accident.  I felt that the movies focused too much on Aragorn, and made him seem better than he was, which then spread into overkill and almost made you get tired of him. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Primrosewarrior

The movie wasn't as dramatic as the book, wich really buged me.

Dannflower Reguba

Sometimes you can't portray the same emotions through a screen as you can through a book.

Primrosewarrior

I know, but I really liked the dramatic parts:(

Dannflower Reguba

Like I already stated, you can't portray the same emotions

Primrosewarrior

DeathRage

Lord of the Rings is beast.
I am Deathrage. Leader of a horde of rats. Bow to me. If you do not... You will see.

Primrosewarrior

GET OFF MY TOPIC!!!!! how ya doin', bro?

DeathRage

Don't hate me cos I'm cooler than you.
I am Deathrage. Leader of a horde of rats. Bow to me. If you do not... You will see.