Previous topic - Next topic

Sebias of Redwall

1. The Dibbuns. (Granted sometimes)
2. Yoofus.
3. Cynthia.
4. Scarum.
This isn't in the correct order.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Dante8002

1. Badrang!!!
2. Veil
3. Slagar
4. Vilu Daskar
5. Treerose
Yalahoo!

IronBoomer

1. Fleetscut.  - Dude, Jukka is helping you the entire time and she still thinking about the wellbeing of her people. Your constant insults make you look like a jerk.

2. Tarquin - (At least in Mariel. He's better, barely by Bellmaker) - This Severus Snape level of creep towards a female hare who obviously isn't interested is still disturbing.

3. Fermald the Ancient - I know that hiding the pearls is her thing, but some of those riddles were diabolical, and one inadvertantly led to an innocent child's death. Not cool.

4. Young Arven. He's better by Long Patrol and you know, an adult, but some of his Dibbun-age actions really should earn him some serious time-out and punishment.
Twitter: @IronBoomerSTL
Telegram: @IronBoomerSTL

Sebias of Redwall

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

Basically ever character in Mattimeo besides Tess and Jube.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Sebias of Redwall

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Ebantu the Kararehe

Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Kade Rivok

Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Booklover

Definitely Mattimeo. I get that he's only four seasons old or something, but that's really not an excuse.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

shisteer of nothing much

Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on January 16, 2020, 10:58:58 PM
Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on January 16, 2020, 07:28:07 AM
Basically ever character in Mattimeo besides Tess and Jube.
Even Orlando?
Yeah, he's a pest. (though slightly less pesky than some of the other characters in that book)
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

clunylooney

Dwopple, Pitru and every toad in the redwall universe because I hate toads.

"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Flib Bigboat

Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Mara the Wolf

• Basil Stag Hare (in Mattimeo — he's awesome in Redwall). If he ain't talking about food, he's being rude to someone! (Like that poor old rabbit)
    • Cynthia Bankvole. Big time.
    • Vitch. I'm trying to like him, given what'll happen to him, but he makes it virtually impossible!
    • Sir Harry the Muse. Stop rhyming already! It's almost as bad as Dr. Suess!
    • Gonff. He just won't stop singing! It gets annoying real fast.
    • Cheesethief. I didn't want to smack him, buuut my reaction to his death was "Good riddance!", soo, he kinda counts, right?
Fursonas:
Riley: Mountain lion, Sonic the Hedgehog
Amara: African wild dog, The Lion King/The Lion Guard
Masika: Eurasian river otter, Redwall
Mara: Wolf, general

Flib Bigboat

Heh. My youngest sister is always singing, but I've never smacked her for it.
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Lairo Lairo

I'm really surprised that no one in this whole thread (unless I missed it) mentioned Aggril. Here's my list for the books I've read (no Doomwyte, High Rhulian, Eulalia!, Rakkety Tam, Sable Quean or Rogue Crew):

1. Aggril, for being a bad-tempered hedgehog who not only was possessive of a cherry orchard that didn't even belong to him, but is implied to have a history of lethally drugging other beasts that eat the cherries. I don't believe the book makes the distinction of him only targeting vermin, a topic which would be its own can of worms; per Boldred, it was only her presence that saved Martin and company from essentially being roofied to death. This is apparently something he has a reputation for doing and yet he never faces any consequences for it. Even the narrative text doesn't seem to take his actions seriously, if I'm remembering right.

2. Scarum. Overly gluttonous hares are something of a staple in the series, but they either have positive qualities to help balance things out (Basil, Pikkle, Fleetscut, etc) or face consequences for their actions (Fleetscut again). While Scarum does pull his weight at times, those moments are generally overshadowed by his selfish, impulsive, defiant nature; he embarrasses his friends or causes trouble for undeserving beasts more often than he's helpful or sympathetic. Any punishment for his behavior rarely lasts, too; he's "released" from servitude to the hedgehogs (?), he escapes the Abbey after being forced onto a lettuce-and-water diet for scoffing a trifle meant for the dibbuns...

Speaking of the dibbuns, I never really wanted to smack any of them. They're practically babies, you know? It's easier for me to be annoyed by characters who are old enough to know better.

I'll also go on record saying that I never wanted to smack Cynthia. As other users have said, she's a child character who was forcibly kidnapped, enslaved and abused; being traumatized and frightened out of her mind is a perfectly understandable response. But I also want to bring up the role she plays within the "group" of the Redwall slaves: she is explicitly defined as being weaker than the others, namely emotionally/psychologically. Tess even defends her to Mattimeo and says something to the effect of: "I know she's just a silly little vole, but that doesn't entitle you to be nasty to her." Mattimeo's impatience and anger toward Cynthia, a weakling/"whining nuisance", is actually a black mark against him at that point in his character arc; it's proof that he's still behaving like a spoiled brat rather than living up to the ideal of his father. True heroes are kind to those weaker than themselves, not just their friends.

I think that's it for now! But watch as I remember 20 other characters that got on my nerves as soon as I hit the POST button, haha...
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Martin Luther King Jr.