News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Top Characters You'd Like to Smack

Started by Flandor, June 09, 2012, 10:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starla1431

Quote from: JangoCoolguy on January 28, 2014, 04:43:39 PM

Grath Longbow, Zaran the Black, and Lonna Bowstripe
Not a big fan of characters who let their tragedies define them and turn into murderous hardasses who are almost as bad the vermin, but it's okay because they're woodlanders (can you say "double standard?")

Agreed. I dislike "heroes" like that.

The Shade

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on January 31, 2014, 11:14:14 PMR
Rusvul from Marlfox was terrible. Rusvul the Marlfox is spectacularly, gloriously awesome.
Meh, I didn't like Rusvul the Marlfox that much. He was alright I suppose, but the bad jokes...
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Rusvul

Quote from: The Shade on February 01, 2014, 09:06:11 AM
Rusvul from Marlfox was terrible. Rusvul the Marlfox is spectacularly, gloriously awesome.
Meh, I didn't like Rusvul the Marlfox that much. He was alright I suppose, but the bad jokes...
I have no idea what you are talking about.

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on February 01, 2014, 01:53:44 PM
Rusvul the Marlfox? Rusvul wasn't a Marlfox, he was a squirrel.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

The Shade

Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on February 01, 2014, 02:04:03 PM
I was joking.  :D

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: The Shade on February 01, 2014, 04:30:28 PM
Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on February 01, 2014, 02:04:03 PM
I was joking.  :D
;D
It's hard to tell on the Internet when someone is being serious or not.  ;)
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Tam and Martin

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on January 31, 2014, 11:14:14 PM
Quote from: Starla1431 on January 24, 2014, 07:48:10 PM
Dwopple from Marlfox- my goodness was he annoying. I hate how none of the Redwallers punished him when he did something bad. And his adopted mother who name a forget was just as annoying. I think what makes me dislike him is because I hate kids who act like that.

Actually, most of the Redwall dibbuns annoy me.

Scarum from Triss- I'm already not a fan of hares but he takes it to the next level.

Yoofus Lightpaw from Rakkety Tam- Like what some others said. I do not like him.

Rasvul from Marlfox- Like what some others said. I didn't like how he treated his son.

Mariel from Mariel of Redwall- I just don't like her. She was annoying to me.

Skittles from Lord Brocktree and Wiggles from The Rouge Crew- I DO NOT LIKE LITTLE BRATS!

What?????

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Rusvul

Gah. I'M a Marlfox, people. Rusvul the Marlfox is ME.

The Shade

I know. I was acting as though he was an actual character in the book.  :D Is that great mystery solved?

Dannflower Reguba

Okay guys, stinking cut Rusvul (the squirrel) some slack already! He changed before the end of the book unlike everybeast else that we're talking about. He was just about the only that admitted his faults, he worked to change like nobeast else ever has. I speak from the standpoint of Dannflower being my favorite character I would be the first to get ticked off at him, but he doesn't deserve it, he has issues just like the rest of us.  :P
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rusvul

Well, yes, he changed, and he deserves some credit for that. But he was about as mean to Dannflor as any goodbeast was to another.

MeadowR

Quote from: Starla1431 on February 01, 2014, 05:23:54 AM
Quote from: JangoCoolguy on January 28, 2014, 04:43:39 PM

Grath Longbow, Zaran the Black, and Lonna Bowstripe
Not a big fan of characters who let their tragedies define them and turn into murderous hardasses who are almost as bad the vermin, but it's okay because they're woodlanders (can you say "double standard?")

Agreed. I dislike "heroes" like that.

I get what you're saying there. That kind of thing bothers me, too.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on February 03, 2014, 01:28:52 PM
Well, yes, he changed, and he deserves some credit for that. But he was about as mean to Dannflor as any goodbeast was to another.

You're basing your opinion off of two reactions, they obviously cared about one another given how the relationship was presented before that suggesting that there wasn't a history of mean behavior. I certainly agree that what Rusvul did was wrong, but after the fact he came to understand that himself which is an incredibly rare trait both in the series and in real life. Personally, I think a lot of us could learn a thing or two from him in this area.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rusvul

Acknowledging mistakes is a good trait indeed, and it is, as you said, rare. But being as hurtful as he was, to his own son... That's inexcusable. Realizing your mistake and showing remorse and shame is definitely partially redeeming, but... No amount of apologizing can take away pain that was already inflicted. In my opinion at least, Rusvul was badly at fault, and nothing could have fully remedied that. This is a bit of an extreme example, but if your best friend tries to murder you, no matter what they do afterwards, your friendship probably won't ever be the same again. And that's if you're nice and trusting enough to continue to be in the same room as them ever again. Anyway. Rusvul wasn't evil, or a bad person, but... At a very minimum, he was definitely slapworthy.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.