News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

size comparison; human to animal ratio in redwall abbey.

Started by mattimouse20, July 19, 2012, 06:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattimouse20

So,how big do you think we would be compared to the creatures at redwall?
just wait until I make my daring escape!

Redwallfan7

way taller, almost of the species in Redwall are mini sized in real life, with the possible exception of the badgers. European wildlife is small
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

mattimouse20

Oh.lol. because I was picturing Cluny and his band of vermin marching upon redwall screaming,"who dares challenge me"? Then I March out shouting,"I DO"! Then they all run away screaming!

Tannsrall

I think a badger would come up to my waist when it was standing.
if you not shoopid then don' ask shoopid questions - mousebabe from Bellmaker

I am the law!

-

Flandor

I can't put the two together.  I imagine the trees and plant life in Mossflower to be as big to the animals as it is to us.  In my eyes, a squirrel is about six feet tall, and the rest are either larger or smaller than that.  Humans don't fit in because to me, the animals replace humans completely.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Quote from: Flandor on July 22, 2012, 01:55:48 AM
I can't put the two together.  I imagine the trees and plant life in Mossflower to be as big to the animals as it is to us.  In my eyes, a squirrel is about six feet tall, and the rest are either larger or smaller than that.  Humans don't fit in because to me, the animals replace humans completely.

Exactly my interpretation.

Jacques said he left things of the sort open to the individual. This question as alike to that of whether the creatures moved about upon two or four legs.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Redwallfan7

Agreed. An author can't tell absolutely everything, some things just have to be imagined or guessed upon.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Ungatt Trunn

If I wanted to take over Redwall abbey, I could do it very easly because of my size. But I like Redwall too much to ever try to take it over.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Redwaller

I think they're natural size, because when you look at a picture of Martin and Tsarmina together, she is so way bigger than him, and animals wouldn't be like ten feet tall!

GeminyaTome

I've always envisioned the badgers about the size of my Daddy if not bigger, so that's about 6", which means about human size.
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4

W0NWILL

I personally think that we would never be in the world of Redwall, though that would be cool. Anyway, I think that the badgers would be about as tall as a man, so about 5.6 feet, and the otters would be about the same size as the hares, about 5 feet, and they keep on getting smaller and smaller. I agree with Flandor that the trees would be about the same size compared to the animals as to us, so either there's really tiny trees, or really big animals. :) I also think that the size difference between say, a mouse and a badger would be smaller.

Lutra

As the stories have gone on, I'm guessing we're never to properly know.  The only sense you have any idea where a human *might* rank in terms of size goes all the way back to Redwall when Cluny rides in on the horse.  The rats are of normal size compared to a horse, as far as we can tell from the description.  If humans were around, they'd be large enough to fit in the abbey but all the stuff like the furniture and portion sizes of Redwall food would probably be too small. :P
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

mattimouse20

If these anthrophomorphic creatures really do possess human like qualities to build, speak and talk, then they would have built their abbey to withstand any attack.basically since their brains are built to equal that of a humans, then they would easily be familiar with architectural techniques such as, foundation, proper brick laying,,plumbing,etc.. as we all know, humans have constantly rebulit and advanced their technology to better suit their needs in all types of conditions.

White One6193

According to Jacques himself, the animals are either human-size or bigger. Mice are probably 5 feet or shorter. Badgers, being giants, are anywhere from 10 to 15 feet tall. In other words, huge!
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Redwaller

»The walls of the Abbey are like 70 ft. or higher.