Favorite Name in Redwall

Started by martins#1fan, June 14, 2011, 05:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coobreedan

Log-a-log! That's just an awesome name!
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Nightfire

I loved the name Mhera so much that I actually named my pet rat after her, ju8st because it was such a beautiful name! Plus th fact that my little Mhera had quite the otterlike personality, for a rat.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Dotti

.....After reading Redwall, I don't think I could own a rat or ferret or weasel or stoat.  I'd be too tempted to go yell at it after reading a part about how much trouble others of its species had caused.  :P
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Nightfire

I personally think that Mr. Jacques was a little too biased about rats. I have had nine pet rats in my life, and NONE of them have ever bitten me, or so much as LOOKED vermin-y!
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

winifred

Quote from: Dotti on October 07, 2011, 03:33:34 AM
.....After reading Redwall, I don't think I could own a rat or ferret or weasel or stoat.  I'd be too tempted to go yell at it after reading a part about how much trouble others of its species had caused.  :P
Same here mr.jaques didnt look at animals for who they were such as badgers they eat mice,hedgehogs,squirrils,etc. plus they are related to vermin. Anyways one of my favorite names are skipper, log a log,rose,Buckler blademasterand rockjaw grang!
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Skalrag of Marshank

Quote from: Nightfire on October 07, 2011, 03:43:12 AM
I personally think that Mr. Jacques was a little too biased about rats. I have had nine pet rats in my life, and NONE of them have ever bitten my, or so much as LOOKED vermin-y!

I read on the Snowfur Encyclopedia that Brian said Cluny wasn't evil because he was a rat; he was a rat because he was evil. And Matthias wasn't good because he was a mouse; he was a mouse because he was good.

It bothers me, too, though. ;) A friend I have from school has a rat named Rosie and a rat named Macie; THEY ARE SOOOO CUTE!!! ;D I love their widdle black eyes and orange teeth... ;D ;D
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Plugg Firetail

In fact In Redwall a lot of the redwallers implyed that rats were good.

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Flandor

Quote from: Plugg Firetail on October 11, 2011, 12:10:06 AM
In fact In Redwall a lot of the redwallers implyed that rats were good.

Yeah I noticed that as well, like they were just other animals that dwelt in the countryside and to hear of truly evil ones was very strange to them.  I once started a fanfic about a rat who was raised with a family of farm mice, maybe I ought to dig that out and finish it.

Anyway, on topic, my favorite names are:
1. Martin - Very strong sounding and perfectly suits the character.
2. Rackety Tam MacBurl - Probably the best in terms of beat and rhyme.
3. The adders in Triss
4. Flandor - I dunno why but that name appealed to me
5. Garraway Bullow - of Legend of Luke, the otterqueen of the Nort
6. Chugger! - I norra h'otter, I a likkle Chugg!
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Plugg Firetail

skittles. My favorite kind of candy.

Log-a-Log

I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Firewall978

Matthias Methuselah Mortimer (Mattimeo)

Folgrimeo

I'm partial to otter names for some reason, like Deyna, Tiria, Mhera, Brookflow, Folrig, and Folgrim.

EDIT: My mistake, Skittles is the name of one of the hedgehogs in Lord Brocktree.

Nightfire

Jodd. Best name ever. His name was so long that he had to call himself Jodd, and Jodd was short for something extremely long, too! ;D

Tiria Wildlough

Jodhpurs? ;D
I like all the otters' names, and also, I like Martin, because it suits him. :)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.