News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Firefly discussion

Started by Redwallfan7, July 21, 2012, 07:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

Revived for firefly fans like me. Who is your favorite character, episode, etc? I like Kaylee, and my favorite episode is the Shindig. I'm in the middle of the episodes. Can't wait to see what new suprises the crew will discover next. For those of you who have already seen all of them, don't spoil anything!  ;)
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

W0NWILL

I love Firefly, but I don't get to watch it very often, I love that scene where she is fighting a whole bunch of those zombie dudes, epic.

Redwallfan7

Quote from: W0NWILL on July 21, 2012, 07:25:19 PM
I love Firefly, but I don't get to watch it very often, I love that scene where she is fighting a whole bunch of those zombie dudes, epic.
I watch my episodes on Netflix. I'm trying to hurry though, I heard than Netflix only keeps certain shows and movies on for a limited time.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rusvul

Lily

Yes, Firefly. ;)

My favourite character is Kaylee. It's hard to pick a favourite episode because I love them all, but I'd have to say Shindig or Out of Gas. Or Jaynestown.

Some of the cast reunited recently at ComicCon for the 10 year anniversary of Firefly. I can't believe it's been that long! You can read a liveblog of the event. I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that I cried a little while I was reading that. It was such a great show with a great ensemble of characters.

rakkety tam

i love firefly its probably one of my fav shows and whoever cancelled it was an idiot i dont know my fav episode all of them are my fav :)
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

psybox

the world cancelled it, it wasn't very popular back when it was on air, then it got an incredible boost of popularity after it got canceled, it was too late to bring it back up, so they made a firefly movie.

W0NWILL

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on July 22, 2012, 12:12:37 AM
Quote from: W0NWILL on July 21, 2012, 07:25:19 PM
I watch my episodes on Netflix. I'm trying to hurry though, I heard than Netflix only keeps certain shows and movies on for a limited time.

IT'S ON NETFLIX!? *fumbles for remote*

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Lily on July 22, 2012, 03:18:07 PM
Yes, Firefly. ;)

My favourite character is Kaylee. It's hard to pick a favourite episode because I love them all, but I'd have to say Shindig or Out of Gas. Or Jaynestown.

Some of the cast reunited recently at ComicCon for the 10 year anniversary of Firefly. I can't believe it's been that long! You can read a liveblog of the event. I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that I cried a little while I was reading that. It was such a great show with a great ensemble of characters.
It's an awesome show, now they have Glee. My cousins like Glee, I just think the show is annoying, and Firefly is way better.

Flandor

Jaynestown is such a fabulous episode :)

My favorite characters are Mal (we share a name! I even go by Mal rather than Malcolm), Wash, and Kaylee.  But really, it's hard to pick favorites.  I like the whole crew, even the doctor.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwallfan7

I also like Simon, River, and Zoey. I watched an interview with Jewel Staite (Kaylee) on YouTube, and she said her favorite episode to film was the Shindig :) cool

Lily

Ah, Wash. I love Wash. He has one of my favourite quotes:

Wash [as Stegosaurus]: Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land.
Wash [as Allosaurus]: I think we should call it... your grave!
Wash [as Stegosaurus]: Ah! Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
Wash [as Allosaurus]: Ha ha ha! Mine is an evil laugh! Now DIE!
Wash [as Stegosaurus]: Oh no, God, oh dear God in heaven...

Flandor

Quote from: Lily on July 23, 2012, 12:18:12 PM
Ah, Wash. I love Wash. He has one of my favourite quotes:

Wash [as Stegosaurus]: Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land.
Wash [as Allosaurus]: I think we should call it... your grave!
Wash [as Stegosaurus]: Ah! Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
Wash [as Allosaurus]: Ha ha ha! Mine is an evil laugh! Now DIE!
Wash [as Stegosaurus]: Oh no, God, oh dear God in heaven...

That bit has me ROLLING in laughter every time.  The "curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!" line kills me.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwallfan7

Kaylee and Simon are so cool! I love the part where they have a conversation in one of the shuttle rooms in the JaynesTown episode.

psybox

my favorite interaction between your two favorite characters is the store scene in Safe.