Got new redwall books!!!

Started by Gonff, July 02, 2011, 11:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonff

We went yard sale shopping today. I got Mariel of Redwall, Pearls of Lutra, and Marlfox for twenty-five cents each! Up to now I have not owned any redwall books so I'm very excited. (And I hope I can get the rest of them for the same price lol  ;D)

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Galedeep

Congratulations! 25 cents, what a deal!

Osu

That is a heck of a deal! Wow, I'm kind of jealous. :D Congratulations, your collection has been started!
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

DanielofRedwall

And now that the collection has started, trust me when I say it won't ever end until you get them all! I'm still finishing off me collection, but I have most of them. And 25 cents, what a deal!

I guess we could use this thread to put up whenever we buy new Redwall books then?
Received mostly negative reviews.

Matthias720

I found the bulk of my collection at a used bookstore that had the "reject" paperbacks (you know, the ones with one or two minor defects). They were usually between $2.50-$3.75. In the end, I think I bought 14 (give or take) Redwall books there.

Captain Tammo

Wow that's awesome!I bought a bunch online a couple years ago using some gift cards, I only had to pay 25 or 50 cents for 5 books! It was awesome! But then I started ordering off the redwall website cuz they would come with Brain's signature  ;D
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Wydran Riverpaw

That's a good deal! Nice find! :P

I actually got two of the Redwall books for free! :D At school I borrowed Mariel of Redwall from the school library to do a book report on it, and a teacher saw me holding the book and asked if I like the series. Obviously I said yes, and he gave me another copy of Mariel of Redwall and Salamandastron for free! He said they were in the teachers' lounge and were going to be thrown away.

My brother actually owns about half the series, but he doesn't read them anymore so we've combined our collection. The only two I remember actually buying are Loamhedge back in 2006 and The Rogue Crew, which I got the day it came out.

Lily

Most of my collection from Outcast onwards was bought the first day the books came out in Australia. What a nerd I am. I remember it took me ages to find Salamandastron, though.

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Wydran Riverpaw on July 03, 2011, 08:38:28 PM
That's a good deal! Nice find! :P

I actually got two of the Redwall books for free! :D At school I borrowed Mariel of Redwall from the school library to do a book report on it, and a teacher saw me holding the book and asked if I like the series. Obviously I said yes, and he gave me another copy of Mariel of Redwall and Salamandastron for free! He said they were in the teachers' lounge and were going to be thrown away.

My brother actually owns about half the series, but he doesn't read them anymore so we've combined our collection. The only two I remember actually buying are Loamhedge back in 2006 and The Rogue Crew, which I got the day it came out.

LUCKY!!! The website was down where I was when the rougue crew came out. I was going to pre-order it, but I just decided to get it the day it came out. So in the end, I had to wait a week or two to buy it  :-\
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Wot Wot!

If you want to have fun, do a google search on "rare books brian jacques" and an offer pops up for all the Redwall books (sans Rogue Crew), first editions, autographed, for (yikes) $3500!

I'll stick to those 25 Cent finds  :)
All you cowards of the land and flotsam of the sea
Who murder, pillage, loot whene'er  you please
There's a Long Patrol a waitin', we'll greet you cheerfully,
You'll hear us cry 'Eulalia' on the breeze.

Captain Tammo

Wow those were expensive! So were they really the first copies published in America?

Taggerung_of_Redwall

$3500? Pfff. Cheap. You could make that up in penny cash.

Great deal on 25 cents. I've paid around 7-11 dollars for each book of Redwall I own, all but The Rogue Crew.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Osu

LOL @ $3500 ;D

I got almost all of mine from Half-Price Books. I recall having to drive around the metroplex headed for different HPB stores because none of them had the complete series. Rakkety Tam took a while to find...

But half price is nothing compared to 25 cents. XD
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

martins#1fan

25 cents?! I have to buy all my books for nearly fifteen dollars! lucky you!   ;)
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

sabretache5611

most of my books were paid for by my parents (yippee! for their support of me reading) or free.
I got the triple set of Martin the Warrior, Mossflower and Outcast from Scholastic (mother paid).  My Lord Brocktree, Redwall were free from the school library (they were readable, but too battered, so they were giving it away).  I have no idea how i got Rakkety Tam, though I am assuming my parents bought it for me.  Doomwyte and Sable Queen were hardcovers bought from Chapters with a chapters gift card given by my relatives or my parents (can't remember).   So all the Redwall books i have are free.   ;D   im afraid i have no intention of getting all of the books because im not sure if i'll constantly keep reading every single one of them, but i do intend to get The Rogue Crew and the rest the my favorites that i don't have.
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.