News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

First Official Redwall Abbey RP Tournament!

Started by BrookSkimmer, September 12, 2012, 05:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am interested in joining

yes
no

BrookSkimmer

I will be hosting the first RP tournament in a couple of weeks! This will be a threaded story style duel between players. You will be assigned an opponent for your match and have a set number of posts in which to duel. After your posts are completed your writing will be judged on a set of criteria and a match winner will be chosen. Winners will advance through different brackets until the champion is decided on!

(This is different from the RP contests. This does not follow a story line. Instead, writers will duel with their characters in one on one threads.)

Prizes will be awarded as follows:
Champion (color full drawing from BrookSkimmer of tournament character and an official signature of placing)
first runner up (line drawing of tournament character by BrookSkimmer and an official signature of placing)
second runner up (line drawing head shot of tournament character by BrookSkimmer and official signature of placing)
third runner up (official signature of placing)

**all participants will appear in a group picture (drawn by BrookSkimmer)**

Post below if you are interested in participating

Don't post characters yet, a form will be up shortly for character design. Also, a list of character requirements will appear soon!

I hope you all will enjoy the competition!!  

Official Tournament Rules

General Rules

Each match will last for one week.

You will be judged on three posts per match.

You must write at least three posts of the required length (see below) per match to win the match.

If you do not post at least three times you will be disqualified from the tournament.

If neither player posts three times in the given week the match will be null and both players disqualified.

You must make your responses in the tournament at least 3 sentences long per post.

Specific Role Play Character Rules

Your character may not wear full metal body armor. Leather type armor or partial armor (arm and leg grieves) are acceptable.

Your character must be a canon Redwall character. (Ex. squirrel, mouse, rat, hedgehog, etc.)

Only one person may play a "favorite" character. For example if someone picks Martin the Warrior no one else may play this character. Favorites will be taken on a first come first served basis with BrookSkimmer once the applications are issued.

You may not use magic, fire arms, any type of bending (ex. air bending), or anything else like any of these things in your posts.

Do not:
God-mode (make a character never take a hit)

Mary-Sue (use an "unbeatable" character)

Auto-hit (leave your posts up to the other contestant on whether they take the hit)

Judging Standards

Your posts will be judged on a point scale of 1 to 5 (1 lowest, 5 highest)

Judging will take place over these categories:
Creativity
Use of weapons
Ability to follow all in RP rules (no Godmoding, autoing, marysueing, etc.)

Once the winner is decided for the match, the winning character can make a final post stating how their character won the round.

To apply:

PM Brookskimmer with which "favorite" you would like to play. If your pick has been chosen you will be notified.

Once your characters are accepted:

Fill out one or two of the following forms (one per section) and PM to BrookSkimmer. Do not put your forms on this thread! You will be notified as to your acceptance into the tournament.

Character Forms

"Fan" (character you make up)
Name:
Species:
Weapon(s) Limit three:
Short Description of Character:

"Favorite" (character appearing in a Redwall series book)
Name:
Affirmation that you will play this character in a "canon worthy" style. Example: Martin the warrior is affiliated good, he may not be presented as evil.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me or post them in this thread. If you want to do something different with a character than listed above, PM me and we will figure things out.  :D

HAVE FUN!![/list][/list]

Skipper

Lutra

If time allows for it, I'd like to give it a try.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Wisteria Wild Cat

I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

DanielofRedwall

Received mostly negative reviews.

Rainshadow

Is it only for 4 people to join?  Because if it is, then aw darn.  If it isn't, then I'd like to join!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

W0NWILL

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

BrookSkimmer

This is looking like a good group so far! Who else is interested? The forms will be up in a few days to register for the tournament. :D

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

BrookSkimmer

I will let you guys know we will have two different categories:

Fans (characters made up by us to be used in the tournament)
Favorites (characters that appear in the Redwall series that can be RPed in tournament)

Dannflower Reguba

Could we have one in both? I mean have one for one category and another for the other?

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rainshadow

Random question about the prizes:  What is a line drawing?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dannflower Reguba

Rainshadow

Ugh, I should know that!  That's what I do!  *Facepalm*