News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Round 1 Matthias 720 (Barfell) vs. Tiria Wildlough (Slassen)

Started by BrookSkimmer, September 25, 2012, 08:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

Rules:
You have one week from today to put up at least three posts for judging.
If you make more than three posts you must signify which posts you want judged.
All posts must be at least three sentences long.

Do not:
auto-hit (posting hits on anyone's character. Post your attacks and the other person will respond with whether the attack connected or not. Receiving a hit does not mean you will loose the match.)
God-mode (make your character so strong that nothing can hurt them)
Mary-sue (make your character perfect in every way)

First come, first served for posting. Your first post may or may not include an opening attack.

Have fun!!!

The quarry at twilight, an eerie place. The wind gusted through the soft stone and caused flurries of dust to rise. The area had been lit by torches in sconces, the light flickering and dancing as the wind played with it. A wide part of the quarry was roped off as boundaries for dueling contestants. The roped area included a pile of large boulders, an open sandy area, and sheer rock walls. High on the edge of the quarry rested a small booth in which the tournament judges watched.

A voice echoed down to the contestants. "Round one! Barfell versus Slassen! Begin!"

Tiria Wildlough

Slassen pressed herself against the stone, a twisted grin on her face. She gripped her dagger handle, listening for sounds that meant her opponent was close by. The ferret slowly drew her weapon and waited.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Matthias720

Barfell tiptoed from boulder to boulder, staying in the shadows. As he rounded a corner, he accidentally kicked a loose pebble, sending it skidding across the quarry floor. He tensed, knowing his opponent was nearby. He instinctively drew his swords and interlocked their hilts, standing at the ready.

OOC: Please judge this post.

Tiria Wildlough

Slassen heard the pebble skittering across the floor. She thought fast, trying to figure out where her opponent was. She decided to take a chance. She stepped out and drew one of her daggers. Closing one eye, Slassen flung the dagger at Barfell.
I'm not a hipster.

Matthias720

Barfell saw Slassen emerge from her hiding spot, ducking at last second. He winced as the blade made a cut in his left ear. "That's going to leave a mark," he said to himself, "but not as much as this will." Withdrawing the hook and rope from his belt, Barfell swung it expertly in his left paw, while managing his sword in his right. With a grunt of exertion, he cast the hook at the ferret and charged forward with sword held at the ready.

Tiria Wildlough

Slassen tried to jump out of the way, but the hook caught her belt, dragging her down. She struggled to pull it off. Then she saw Barfell advancing.
She scrambled up and backed away, drawing another dagger. Slassen pointed the daggers at Barfell.
I'm not a hipster.

Matthias720

As Slassen tumbled to the quarry floor, Barfell quickly dropped the rope and disconnected his conjoined blades. While the ferret struggling to get up, he readied a sword in each paw, preparing himself to attack again. He suddenly dashed forward, reaching his opponent in seconds. Barfell swung both blades in a pair of daedly arc, smashing down onto Slassens's hastily raised daggers.

Tiria Wildlough

Slassen shrieked in pain and dropped her daggers. She grabbed them up and dashed to her first hiding spot, where she had forgotten her long knife. She flicked it up and caught it.
I'm not a hipster.

Matthias720

As Slassen darted back to her hiding spot, Barfell relentlessly chased her back. He arrived mere seconds after she picked up her knife, a strategy quickly forming in his head. Barfell extended his left sword forward, straight out in front of him, while he prepared to black with his right one. Heedless of all danger, he charged at his adversary, ready to make his final move.

Tiria Wildlough

Slassen saw Barfell coming, and ducked under his outstretched sword. She made a slash at his legs and missed. She twisted around and slashed again.
I'm not a hipster.

Matthias720

As Slassen slashed towards his legs, Barfell dropped his right sword downwards blocking the knife attack. Pushing downwards, he forced the knife point to ground trapping it beneath his right footpaw. With a lightning fast flick of his arm, Barfell brought his sword inwards and immediately back out again, aiming to strike his adversary through her shoulder.

Tiria Wildlough

Slassen drew her last dagger and attempted to block the sword. Made for throwing and not paw-to-paw combat, the dagger bent. However, it made time for Slassen to slip out from under the threatening sword. She didn't do it fast enough, though, and the blade made a cut in her shoulder.
I'm not a hipster.