Round 1 Danflorreguba (Danflower) vs. Gorath (Jukkarus)

Started by BrookSkimmer, September 25, 2012, 08:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gorath

Jukkarus' blade swished in the air as she flourished it, then she charged. Holding her blade high, she jumped at Dannflor, trying to break down his defense with hacking and thrusting movements. She looked completely at ease, though inside she was tense as a stout bow. "This squirrel is tough," she thought.
My favorite people: Obi Wan, Satele Shan, Jek 14, Kai, Longtooth, and Kili.

Dannflower Reguba

Dannflower lumbered forward twitching the sword to counter each of the fast attacks, "speedy squirrel this'n," he thought. He kept blocking, he was waiting until... AHA! a narrower ledge! The warrior thrust forward, both hands holding the blade in front, and charged break-neck  to push his foe backwards towards the narrow ground.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

gorath

Jukkarus began retreating... onto the narrow ledge. She slipped, and looked down. It was a long drop. She could see Dannflor's strategy, so she did something that surprised even her, she jumped. Landing on all four paws, she jumped back up, and waited for her opponent's next move.

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: You jumped all the way from like, two stories up and had no side affects? BIC:

Dannflower had, by now already launched one slingstone, and was firing another by the time his squirrely opponent hit the ground. He felt a his feet slip out slightly after his second stone throw, and almost fell off the ledge. Aftwe regaining his breath, footing, and balance, the Reguba warrior took up the defensive.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

gorath

OOC: I am a very agile and fit squirrel ;D
BIC:
Jukkarus ducked one sling-stone, but the other pinged against her sword, sending vibrating shocks to her paw. Gritting her teeth, she grabbed her bow from the ground where it lay, and swiftly loosed five arrows in response. Then she dropped it and called out, "Jump! Or are you afraid, squirrel."

Dannflower Reguba

Dannflower gave the squirrel below an indefferent look, "Sanity is not fear Jukkarus, surely you should know this, unless of ourse you're not so sane after all." He thought to himself, "Like I took the time to gauge her sanity anyway." Dannflor proceded to slide down the steep incline, and rolled back onto his feet, and thrust forward with his blade yelling, "En Garde!"

gorath

Jukkarus flicked his sword aside indifferently. "You should know by now, whether I'm sane or not." She laughed, and pressed forward with a perplex series of blows she was sure could disarm anybeast.

Dannflower Reguba

"Your quite right, I guess you must have never had your wits to begin with judging by how drastically your insanity has come." The squirrel kept his distance by constantly backing up, and parrying occasionally when the need arrose... Dannflor didn't care whether or not he was attacking or defending as he could lead his rival any which way he chose, and this was no excpetion, and the he decided to lead them nearer the sand pits. Those cursed agility haulting sand fields. It was then that it hit him, "Jukkarus had left her bow behind!"

OOC: Plan on this being judged.

gorath

Besides being a bit on the insane side, Jukkarus was keen and clever. When Dannflower began leading her to the sandpits, she knew exactly what he was doing. But, she also knew that a chunk of rock stuck out of the sand, and that if she could get behind it, she could grab her bow and... Jukkarus almost slapped herself for being so careless. She had left her bow behind her! Her feet were in the sand now, she had to think fast. She jumped to the side, and ran to the rock, and leaped onto it. She brandished her sword and waited.

(One that will be judged.)

Dannflower Reguba

Dannflower smiled with satisfaction, he had the complete upper-paw now. First things first, he put up his sword and began firing sling stones at Jukkarus while slowly back-tracking to the bows' location. When he made it to the bow he picked it up himself. It never did hurt to carry an extra weapon. The squirrel then made a quick advance on Jukk with a final stone, and planted himself firmly at the edge of the sands.

gorath

Jukkarus scrambled behind the rock and ducked the stones that whistled overhead. Than silence. Jukkarus waited, then decided to check on Dannflor. She stood up. The last stone came thundering toward her, and hit her square between the ears, knocking her senseless. She fell behind the rock, and to a normal beast it looked like she just ducked again behing the big rock.
(This one too.)

Dannflower Reguba

Dannflor watched the strange happenings with a mix of concern, and curiosity. Either he had hit her square and given her head a good knock, or that was the worlds fastest duck ever. The warrior squirrel cautiosly rounded the stone in between himself and Jukkarus to find a squirrel form out cold... Had he won? It sure seemed like it, but the Reguba showed concern for a reason. He would never have entered the tournament if he had thought killing would be involved, and was worried that he had possibly slain his one-time rival. He creeped up slowly, knowing funny buisness was still a possibility, and then knelt to check on her. He whispered, "Jukkarus? Are you alright? Can you even hear what I'm saying?" He thought about shouting "wake up!" but thought better of it. His concern grew slightly at the fact that she was so still, but aslo took heart in the fact that his opponent was still breathing.

OOC: This one is planned for judging.

gorath

Lost in the realm of unconsciousness, Jukkarus slowly returned to her senses by hearing a voice. She returned to consciousness.., and saw Dannflor bending over her. She reacted quickly, and booted upward with her knees, at the same time snatching her sword and shouting, "Aha! thought you could finish me off, eh?"

Dannflower Reguba

Dannflower hadn't expected such a hostile reaction, and caught the foot in his gut. He had also put the bow and sword on the ground when he went to check Jukkarus. He was now winded, and lacing of a weapon, wait, no! He still had his sling! The squirrel looked over to the judges with a quizzical glance that said, "Didn't I already win?" beforeswiftly turning back lest his opponent gt the drop on him. That was the last thing he needed after this horrendous change of events. Danflor switched to more diplomatic tactics, "I was trying to make sure you weren't dead, not finish you off. You should be able to see that as I was carrying no weapon same as now." The squirrel knew full well he had just made a risky move, his foe was insane, and she might not care that he had not carried a weapon except that she now held an enormous upper-paw.

OOC: This post is set for judging.

gorath

"Yea, how can I believe that?" Jukkarus said accusingly. She then noticed that Dannflor didn't have a weapon. She started walking towards him than stopped. If Dannflor didn't have a weapon, how could he have been trying to kill him? She thought about it for a moment, than looked at Dannflor. It seemed to Jukkarus a shame to kill such a good opponent in cold blood. She walked over to where her bow and the sword were and picked up her bow, stuffing it into her quiver. Then she kicked Dannflor's sword to him, saying. "Pick it up."
(Set to be judged)