Round 1 HeadInAnotherGalaxy (Mokkan) vs. Rainshadow (Shadow)

Started by BrookSkimmer, September 25, 2012, 08:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Just near the end of the attack he saw his opponent reaching for her dagger. The blade had just nicked his stomach before he quickly diverted his attack to knocking away the opponent's blade. The pain of the wound made him slightly stagger, but he quickly recompensated it with another attempt at his opponent's life. This time he would not miss.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Rainshadow

Comment removed.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Hold on. You posted

Quote from: Rainshadow on September 26, 2012, 10:55:35 PM
 Shadow, out of instinct, threw her bow out of the way.  She knew that it would now be useless to her, seeing as it was hanging on a rock protruding from the wall, but she didn't want it broken.  She unsheathed her dagger once again to fight close ranged.
 "Come at me, vermin!"  Shadow once again dove at her opponent, swiping this way and that with her dagger.

Which means, seeing a your bow was deemed "useless", that it isn't available for use

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Rainshadow

OOC:  Yes, I meant that it was useless to her because it was not able to be grabbed in a second.  It was still able to be gotten, it just wasn't as easy.  She still had access to it, but she had to run to the rock wall.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Yes, but she wouldn't be able to dodge an attack, stand up, run towards a bow that had been thrown away, get it, select an arrow, set it, prepare to fire, and then fire, all while being injured greatly. She would have been cut down long before she even touched an arrow. I'm sorry, but it's completely imbossible.

Rainshadow

OOC:  Alright, alright.  You win, I removed the post.

BIC:  Shadow laid there in pain as she watched her opponent preparing to snuff out her life.  "Please," she croaked, "don't kill me."  She groaned and closed her eyes, waiting for the blade of her enemy's weapon to put her out of her misery.  A single tear fell from her eye and she braced herself.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Mokkan raised his axe. "Blood for blood. None of my kin were given mercy. And neither will you." He thought about the various deaths of his kin. There would be no mercy. He brought his axe down in for the final blow.

OOC: 3

Rainshadow

Comment removed.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Just because you don't want your character to die doesn't give any player the right to do so by any means neccessary. If This was an RP where it was Cregga v.s Ascrod (Like what happened in the book), just because Ascrod's RP'r didn't want him to die gives him the right take the arrow wound and still be able to do vast feats of strength. We can't just make several decisions, and then refuse where those decisions takes us.

Rainshadow

OOC:  Alright, alright!

BIC:  Shadow was waiting for the axe to come down and end her, then she realized that she still had weapons to use.  She could still move her left arm, so Shadow reached up into her quiver as fast as she could - which wasn't very fast, but still fast enough that you would have to have quick reflexes to stop her - and pulled out a sharp-tipped arrow.  She held onto the shaft of the arrow and brought it up, tip first, aiming to stop her enemy.