Round 1 HeadInAnotherGalaxy (Aldar) vs. Warrior of Mossflower (Rakkety Tam)

Started by BrookSkimmer, September 26, 2012, 06:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

Rules:
You have one week from today to put up at least three posts for judging.
If you make more than three posts you must signify which posts you want judged.
All posts must be at least three sentences long.

Do not:
auto-hit (posting hits on anyone's character. Post your attacks and the other person will respond with whether the attack connected or not. Receiving a hit does not mean you will loose the match.)
God-mode (make your character so strong that nothing can hurt them)
Mary-sue (make your character perfect in every way)

First come, first served for posting. Your first post may or may not include an opening attack.

Have fun!!!

The quarry at twilight, an eerie place. The wind gusted through the soft stone and caused flurries of dust to rise. The area had been lit by torches in sconces, the light flickering and dancing as the wind played with it. A wide part of the quarry was roped off as boundaries for dueling contestants. The roped area included a pile of large boulders, an open sandy area, and sheer rock walls. High on the edge of the quarry rested a small booth in which the tournament judges watched.

A voice echoed down to the contestants. "Round one! Aldar versus Rakkety Tam McBurl! Begin!"

_____

HeadIAG

Aldar silent drew his short sword, holding it in a reverse grip style with the blade pointed backwards. In his other paw, he held one of his daggers in the orthodox grip, blade pointed out in front of him. Keeping his back within sword's length of the wall,  he held the sword behind him with the dagger held in front. He kept his paws firm, and waited for his opponent to make the first move. He'd be ready.

_____

WarriorOM

Rakkety Tam MacBurl confidently adjusted his kilt. He lowered his buckler from his shoulder, thrusting it out into fighting position; his free paw hid the dirk behind the shield. His Sgian Dhu was set in the eagle feathers in his cap. The warrior squirrel was ready to go.

_____

***modified to fix name misspelling***  ;D

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Aldar called out in a mocking voice. "What's the matter, squirrel? Too cowardly to attack?" He pointed his daggar crossways in front of him. "Or are ye just contemplating' surrender?"
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

WarriorOfMossflower

Tam just shook his head and smiled. "Actually, I was waiting on you to start it off, Almighty pine marten." He winked roguishly, pacing forwards a few bold steps. "But...seeing as you wish to only exchange banter like the cowardly vermin you are, I guess it's up to me to make the first move!"
He quickly scanned the wall behind his foe and spotted possible pawholds. With a wild yell, he charged, at the last moment flinging himself up and over his foe, trying to score a hit with his buckler as he did so. Not bothering to check if it had connected or not, he raced onwards to the cliff face.
"Haway the braaaaaaaaaw!"
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

OOC: How could ye jump over yer foe?

BIC: Aldar blocked it with his dagger, and in a sudden turn slashing at his oponent with his shortsword. Instead of stopping at that, he drew it back suddenly, attacking with his dagger instead. Feinting again, he reattacked with his shortsword.

**removing a reminder**

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

WarriorOfMossflower

OOC: Quite easy, if you're a squirrel.

BIC: Tam gasped as the shortsword nicked his backside, but he did not stop. He launched himself onto the wall and scaled up with squirrel-like grace and agility. He halted at a point high above his enemy and turned, his back flat against the wall and his footpaws balancing precariously on a thin ledge. Tam's buckler was over his shoulder, his Sgian Dhu inbetween his teeth. His dirk was clenched in his paw, and a fuzzy red haze of vengeance enveloped his eyes.
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Aldar stepped backwards in an attempt to drive his enemy to attack him. "I tire of your squirrellish antics, squirrel." He switched postions so the shortsword was facing his front and his dagger was hidden behind his back. So either come down off of that wall and fight, unless you're a coward," he said, raising his shortsword slightly. "Or become just another wall direction." He raised his shortsword slightly again, and then suddenly turning around swiftly and threw his dagger at the squirrel.