Heed My Reminder Please

Started by BrookSkimmer, September 26, 2012, 09:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

Reminder:

As the rules state, your duel posts (whether they are posts to be judged or not) must be at least three sentences long.

Please do not respond with short choppy sentences.

Thank ye...

That said, I think the tournament is going very well so far! Thanks for all your participation in making this a fun event.  8)

Lutra

Just food for thought....try to avoid editing posts if at all possible.  It would be awkward for your opponent to catch you in a mid-edit and then doing something that makes no sense with a newly-edited post.  Truly read over and reread if you must before you hit "add reply".
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

BrookSkimmer

Update on rules:

If you do not get to post three times because your opponent does not respond with posts in a timely fashion (around two days seems fair to me), you will not be eliminated.

If you are not posting in a timely fashion and cause your opponent to get less than three posts in during the week, you will be eliminated.

BrookSkimmer

The RP Contest and the RP Tournament are different and this is why:

The rules for the contest were designed to push RPer's to write descriptive, creative, no SPAG errors types of posts. It was designed to give RPer's here a chance to experience a more in depth style of text based role playing.

The tournament also stresses the importance of descriptive writing, and basic SPAG skills, but there is no emphasis on carrying a story along with multiple characters being involved. Tournament is one on one text duel role playing which makes it quite different from the Contest.

The awards (signature graphics) given out for the Tournament will be different from the Contest awards.

That's all, just in case you are wondering about that  ;D

A different note:

Also, your character taking hits during the tournament does not mean you will not score as well when it comes time to judge. If you do not allow your character to be hit and appear to be God-moding or Mary-suing... it may effect the judging outcomes. Try to be realistic (in our Redwall world sense of the term) as best as possible.

All the posts are looking quite good! Keep it up you guys!!