Round 2 Skipper (Folgrim) vs HeadInAnotherGalaxy (Mokkan)

Started by BrookSkimmer, October 08, 2012, 04:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

Rules:
You have one week from today to put up at least three posts for judging.
If you make more than three posts you must signify which posts you want judged.
All posts must be at least three sentences long.

Do not:
auto-hit (posting hits on anyone's character. Post your attacks and the other person will respond with whether the attack connected or not. Receiving a hit does not mean you will loose the match.)
God-mode (make your character so strong that nothing can hurt them)
Mary-sue (make your character perfect in every way)

First come, first served for posting. Your first post may or may not include an opening attack.

Have fun!!!

Brockhall, ancestral home of the Brock family and located in the northeastern part of Mossflower woods. The location for the second round of the tournament. Contestants find themselves stooping down to enter the doorway that leads underground to the relatively small confines of the home. This arena includes various small sitting rooms, a small infirmary, a nursery, a study, a master bedroom, dormitories, a kitchen, a larder, storerooms and a large main hall. All of these locations may be used during the duel. Brockhall has been lit by various small sconces and candles. The conditions are cramped and contestants will need to keep their wits about them.

A small section of one sitting room has been roped off for the judges. Three beasts sit at a small oaken table. From this vantage point most of the areas of combat can be seen.

A voice sounds in the confined space:

"Folgrim versus Mokkan! Begin!"

Skipper

Folgrim crouched down and slowly pulled out his axe, he moved slowly behind a chair and carefully scanned the room for his opponent making sure he didn't miss out anything that he could use to his advantage.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Mokkan was on the opposite side of the room, behind another chair. Drawing his axe, he in turn scanned the room. Quietly inching as far as he could to the right without being seen he tapped the left side with his axe, intent on drawing out his opponent from wherever he was hiding. He waited.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Skipper

Folgrim stiffened, he had heard he was facing a Marlfox, masters of decite and stealth, he would need to think carefully before he acted. He moved his paw across the floor slowly searching for something to use, Aha! He grinned as his paw ran over a sharp piece of flint someone must have dropped, he grabbed it tightly and leaned around the chair as far as he dared and threw the stone in the direction of the tap. Again he searched the floor checking the corners, this time he found a small pawfull of wood chippings, small but they would do, he tucked them into a pouch on his belt for later.
OOC: Judge this post please

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Mokkan brought his axe back quickly as the piece of metal flew past. He cried out as if it had hit him, hoping that his opponent would be drawn out of hiding. "Why don't you come out and fight you coward? Or are you juzt going to sit there chucking debris at me?" He picked up the metal piece that had been thrown towards him and hid it away in his belt. How nice of his opponent to give him an advantage over him. He'd be sure to return the favour.

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Skipper

Folgrim bit back a reply and and slowly moved around the edge of the hall with his axe positioned defensively, luckily he had thought to smear it with ash so it would be harder to see the shiny metal.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Mokkan moved out into the open, limping slightly which gave the appearance of having already sustained some damage. With shaking paws he held his axe out in front of him. "What's the matter?" He asked. "Pike got yer tongue?"

Skipper

Folgrim would not let the fox bait him, he would speak with actions. Folgrim watched the marlfox move out into the open, he slowly rocked back and forward until he had enough speed and leapt at the vermin swinging his axe in an arc that would take Mokkan's head clean off.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

As soon as the otter attacked Mokkan dropped his wounded acting and swiftly brought his axe in front of him. The two axes clashed together, neither one hitting the other. You'll 'ave to do better than that, streamdog!" He said, jumping back and then jumping back at his opponent with several swift strokes.

Skipper

Folgrim sidestepped out of the way of Mokkans attacks and swung his rudder towards Mokkans legs, trying to knock him over, He swung his axe across aiming for above the waist. Folgrim waited for his blade to pass then stepped closer to his opponent and rammed his shoulder in the direction of Mokkan.

BrookSkimmer

Round 2 of the tournament has been extended to Wednesday the 17th of Oct.

Keep posting!  ;D

Skipper

Skipper berated himself silently, Mokkan had lifted his axe up at the last second, fortunately it was not deep but it ran all he way from his shoulder to his elbow. Blodd trickled down and he ignored it circling his opponent and twirling his axe, from now on he would have to be more focused.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Mokkan jumped back again, but this time, instead of jumping back into the fray, he pulled out the metal piece that the streamdog had thrown at him ealier. He threw it at his opponent, and then jumped back into the fray with his axe slashing back and forth. He hoped that the metal debris would distract his opponent so he could put a few more wounds into his opponent.

Skipper

Folgrim twisted his head and felt the metal scratch right above his eye, he ducked Mokkans attacks and twirled his axe above his head, he jumped up as he did so and at the right time swung down at Mokkans paw and then swung again at neck height.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Mokkan recoiled from the attack, but the effort caused him to drop his axe. He gave a growl and ducked just in time to avoid the intent of the attack, but he felt the axe blade graze the top of his head. He gave a growl again, this one out of pain, and quickly reached out for his axe, with the intent on retrieving it and getting back into the fight.

OOC: 1